Android Central Photo Contest: Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-reflection.jpg

Skyline reflections from Stanley Park. Taken with a Nexus 6P.

Sometimes when you go to take a picture, you can capture more than you expected thanks to reflections. If you're clever, the reflection itself is what you're aiming to capture. In either case, we want to see the best "reflection" shots you can get in the next two weeks for this contest.

We'll be picking three winners for this contest, with each taking home an Anker PowerPort+ Quick Charge 3.0 charger!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (January 12) night at 11:59 p.m. ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Denis Bertole

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
2014-10-11 17.14.281.jpg
A photo of fisherman just minding his own business on warm autumn day. I just got my LG G3 that day, had to take the famous laser focus for a spin.

Otočec, Krka river, Slovenia.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My baby. Taken with a Nexus 6p. No special settings. Just cropped

20150925_124742-1_1.jpg

Zac Gillming

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
2014-11-29.jpg

Caught this while we were moving my wife's aquarium last November. He kept popping in and out as though he was answering the door every time we came by. Took it wih my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

TheRoyalFig

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20150820_145159.jpg

This is the New York Botanical Garden's Haupt Conservatory, likely seen here in a way that it's never quite been seen before. This building is one of the largest glasshouses in the world, containing plants from a multitude of countries and climes. I shot it on my Nexus 6 and edited it in Google Photos and Snapseed. I obtained the "reflection" through Layouts, which gives the image an interesting kaleidoscope effect and works particularly well given the symmetry of its Victorian architecture.

Kifal

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is reflected in the near record flood waters of the Mississippi River taken from Sony Xperia M4 Aqua with no filters

Posted via the Android Central App

Marshall Greenhut

May 28, 2014
Visit site
20150813_104918.jpg

This image was captured with an LG G3 in north-west Montana at an abandoned reservoir. We had to get the shot quick as there was a grizzly bear near by! The image was edited with the on-board tools of the LG camera app.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This image was taken with a HTC One M8 and touched up in Google Photos with the auto edit option. I took this while walking down Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago during a lunch break. I've always thought that the reflection of the clouds on the Trump look really nice in person...like the building is transparent.

IMAG0110_zps6kcolfjg.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Panoramic taken with my Galaxy Nexus while on vacation in South Dakota. We visited the same lake where "National Treasure 2" did some shooting. Gorgeous scenery!
Best part about this photo, in my opinion? The three levels: the clouds, the landscape, and then the landscape's reflection.
I edited the photo a bit in the Google Photos app.
PANO_20121006_124507.jpg

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sunset reflecting over Lake Chatutauquqa during a camping trip. Taken with my (then) Galaxy S5, no post editing. IMG_20150220_185056-2.jpg

Dave Johnson3

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations to the previous contest winners, some excellent shots in that competition.

20151122_194102.jpg

This shot was taken on a cold night in Blackpool, UK.
I was with my daughter enjoying the 'Blackpool Illuminations' and captured this shot of the lights on the main pier and reflection on the sea.
I intentionally manually focused for blur to see how it would look, and I quite like the result.
Taken on LG G4, edited in Snapspeed.

Thomas Gigante

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20150405_212919.jpg

Taken on the nexus 5, right after a rain storm blew through, and we headed back to work on the aircraft. Rainstorm had perfect timing right before a sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.