Android Central's Free Droid X giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap14#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Winning an X would be amazing I would finally be able to throw this p.o.s. Storm 2 out the window and laugh in my girlfriends face boasting about her incredible! The X is awesome cause its a man phone, nice and big. It has the HDMI which for an electronics freak like me would be awesome hooking it up everywhere. The wifi broadcaster, the lightening speed the graphics card. I could just keep on going! Plus its the all-phone killer. Its just ripped the crown and is going to be king of the hill for a long time.

Kevinjt4

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Star Trek Data Pad

As I'v told all my friends; for $200 your getting 1) a camera, 2) a 720p video capture device, 3) a HD video player, 4) a computer, and oh 5) btw your have a phone as well!!

Too awesome!

Kevin

flipper22

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello, i read the Android Central since i have the Motorola Milestone (Droid) in Argentina , (February) and i always get information from your page.. but unfortunately ,the security in my country is not the best , and the last week my Milestone has stolen, obviously my life first. However i dont stop reading information about Android in internet , hoping to buy a new android phone soon. but unfortunately again , the plan with the provider company in my country forces me to pay a percentage of the equivalent for the total of the plan (18 months) , so , that condition ended with the hope of a new android ... with the hope of a new cellphone , in fact.

since Droid X appears , it was love at first sight , especially because of its similarity with my "new" old cellphone ... but , living in Argentina , is a complete mystery the date of arrival of Droid X, in fact , has no guarantee for that happend someday.

forgive me if my reply is very longer , but my reasons for the Droid X are summarized in
and forgive me if my english is not the best, more than one forum user would appreciate that I am not an active user :p

thanks for read , have a good day

solarundies

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That phone is going to be sweet! The HDMI output, mobile hot spot, HUGE screen, 1GHz Processor, sweet GPU, Swype keyboard (My gf has the samsung omnia II and swype, it makes me drool ), Verizon's rock solid network, 512 MB Ram, 8GB on-board storage ( So much room I'll have trouble filling it with apps ), included 16 GB Micro-SD card (again, lotsa room), FM Tuner ( you mean I can actually listen to something other than the stuff I own, and weather alerts?! I live in tornado alley), GPS ( I get lost in tornado alley sometimes ), 2.1 bluetooth ( Jamming out WIRELESSLY ), VOICE COMMAND! ( now I can yell orders and have them carried out, usually my dog just pees all over himself when I yell orders at him ), 8 Megapixel camera! That's higher than my digital camera!!!!, 720p Video camera ( Now I can tape my friend's disgusting chewing habits in HIGH-DEF!!!! ), Dual flash, Replaceable battery ( I lieks very much ), Motorola's superior quality ( the droid is probably the sturdiest phone I've handled ), GORILLA GLASS! ( it's like the gorilla.....of GLASS! it's tougher than the orangutan glass on my iphone 3g ), 3 microphones ( It can hear in 3-D!!! ), Inverted chin, Google's new Parking spot finder, TRUE multitasking, Open source, unrestricted marketplace, the new app creator allowing anyone to make apps, iPhone-fan pwner, Metal detector, Automatic pony finder, Girlfriend translator, bullet-proof armor app, weather maker, Moto-non-blur widgets/skin, snowboard waxer, automobile battery charger, Wish Granter, Bruce Willis-like asteroid stopper, Ghost detector, White noise remover, Grass stain fighter, Body-odor blocker, UFO repellent, and awkward conversation eradicator.....

ALSO, the fact that Google's Chief Exec came out and helped announce it, Google's OFFICIAL recommendation.

Some of those awesome points I know are inherent to Android, but you can't tell the whole story without describing the operating system. Soon, Android 2.2 Froyo will be making this beast a behemoth!

Personal reasons the phone will be awesome, multitasking, voice commands, better notifications, replaceable battery, open source, open marketplace, customizable EVERYTHING, widgets, NO NEED FOR ITUNES, and more!.....

But above all else ( for me ) a new phone, I've had my iphone 3G for 2-years, and have the option to upgrade, but I DO NOT WANT another iPhone. Android is for me. I WILL be getting this phone. I figure what better way to convert to android than with this sweet, sweet machine.

Last edited:

oneorbit

May 6, 2010
Visit site
oh, the looks on their faces when i get 1

Gasps will fill the air when your friends notice the huge 854x480 resolution display on the droid X. You can catch every moment of their expression when you record a video of it at 720p, or maybe have them beg you not to upload the picture you snapped with the built-in 8mp camera. With the 1GHz processor as its backbone, that picture will be sky rocketed onto your favorite social networking website before they even realize you were just navigating through your phone. Chuckle a bit as you swipe through the 7 home screens of widgets to find Google Maps Navigation displaying the Buzz of the picture you are now showing to the whole world. Just promise to make it up to them by using the HDMI video output to display 1 of the many digital movies you can store on the phone. Allow your friends to browse the internet on their iPhones or iPads in those areas that ATT is still ?working on? by using the 3G Mobile Hotspot. That's what it means to Rule the Air! :cool:

kdstegh

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Droid X-tacy

I have been an early adopter of touchscreen technology from the first iPhone through the latest iPhone. I am through with the Apple propaganda and would love nothing more than to personally experience the difference in Android, and what better device to do it with than the Droid X!

Pretty please can I have it? :)

wtphoto

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
becuase its awesome

i want it because right now I have a sprint hero but have been on aosp roms running adw launcher for awhile and I really think the UI of the DX looks like a great meld of features that sense offers while still maintaining the speed and usefulness of vanilla android.

heel1313

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it really the hottest phone of the summer? I'd love to compare it to my year-and-half-year-old Storm, which, just to be fair, is also very hot.

As in, sometimes it gets really, really hot to the touch.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's safe. I mean, I pull the battery to reboot it four or five times a day, and that cools it down for a while. And it's not like it's too hot to make phone calls. Everybody I talk to to complains about the screeching feedback on the other end, so most of my calls are really too short for it to overheat. For the most part, it overheats only when I run certain apps. Which is all I have: "certain" apps. Because I've had to delete most of them -- including, ironically, the Blackberry App World app because all but a few apps crash the phone.

Anyway, the real question here is not "Why is the Droid X the hottest phone of the summer?" It's "Will it still be hot in the winter?" Because my Storm, if it lasts that long, could be one hell of a hand-warmer this winter.

Last edited:

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Being an owner of the orginal Droid, I would like to see how the new X stacks up. Why do I think it is the hotest phone of the year to date? Have you seen the specs? Its super slim, super large screen, its everything to the neXt level...see what I did there?

thebcc

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Droid X - HD

Even though there has been much speculation regarding the size of the screen...

The Droid X will no doubtedly challenge any competitor's phone in the market today.

HD Video will soon be a standard...and the Droid X has the ability to deliver that future today.

So excited for this phone...and all that it represents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid