Android Marketplace Issues

Erik Jordison

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Kindle is rooted. Running Apex Launcher. Marketplace was fully functional for me until a couple of days ago.

The Marketplace has suddenly stopped working. I can browse just fine, but when I click to download an app, I get a "Marketplace has stopped working" popup, forcing me to close it.

I have tried uninstalling the vending.apk and other files and reinstalling them, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kindle is rooted. Running Apex Launcher. Marketplace was fully functional for me until a couple of days ago.

The Marketplace has suddenly stopped working. I can browse just fine, but when I click to download an app, I get a "Marketplace has stopped working" popup, forcing me to close it.

I have tried uninstalling the vending.apk and other files and reinstalling them, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

I'm assuming that you're also running a custom ROM that's basically Android, and not the Kindle software, correct? If so, have you tried going into Settings > Applications > Market (or whatever it's called) and clearing the cache (and maybe even data)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ydhdy