Android Messages app very slow running Duel Sim on Pixel 3a XL

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'm running an eSIM and physical SIM on my Pixel 3a XL. Using call forwarding so I can keep my regular number on Visible, eSIM on Google FI. It seems that since I have done this, the stock Messages app has become painfully slow. It is literally the only thing on my Pixel 3a XL that is slow. I can only assume that this is because of running 2 carriers at once for some reason has caused this. Everything else is running as usual. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'd love to hear feedback, I'm pretty new to this duel sim thing, but so far the benefits have far outweighed the negatives.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a physical sim and eSim on my Pixel 4xl (Telus and Rogers respectively here in Canada). I don't notice any slowness on my messaging app. I've made my physical sim as the default phone line and data line. Don't know if that helps or answers anything for you.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. It seems to be hit or miss right now. Sometimes it's normal and other times its up to 15-20 seconds loading a chat. Seems very strange to me. Perhaps there will be an app update that could fix this in the future. I'm sure there aren't a ton of people using the 3a series or the 4 series this way. But it is really cool that we can if we want. Choices are good!.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe