Android Pie 6 months Later

Brigitte Laskowski

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm still on Oreo because I wanted to wait for all the issues to be solved. Has the 50% or less battery time issue been resolved yet on the Essential Phone. My 2016 Pixel XL still can not hold a charge because of it and must be plugged in to use it. Before the Pie update, my battery lasted for a day and a half with my 2016 Pixel XL.

MY daughter's Essential Phone is still on Nougat 7.1 because she too is weiry of the Pie 9.0 OS update

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not aware of any "50% or less battery time issue" on the Essential. I've been on Android Pie since about June, during the beta, and have never had any issues with charging. Perhaps I'm simply unaware, that some Essential phones do hat the issue, but from what I'm seeing, that seems to be an issue unique to some Pixel phones (and in particular, the Pixel 2 XL).

Brigitte Laskowski

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
So I bit the bullet; I upgraded to Android Pie 9.0 OS after saving my data to my Google Drive. I then did a factory reset right after the update. what a difference from putting Pie on my not so great 2016 Google Pixel XL. Instead of loosing power, my power is lasting longer. I've been using my phone for an hour and am at 93%.