Android wear not working on LG G4

mdlt92

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me out here. I've been using my Android wear (LG urbane 1st Edition) with my LG G4 for a few months now. I recently had to receive a replacement device from Sprint and I attempted to reconnect my Urbane and when i open the Android wear app it directs me to "update your Google app in the play store. Then Open Android wear again." When I follow the link the Google app in the play store States "your device isn't compatible with this version" any help please. I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Android wear app but doesn't seem to work. Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try also clearing the app cache and data for Android Wear in Settings>Apps>All.

When you installed Android Wear on the replacement phone, did it already have your Urbane listed as a paired watch? If so, try forgetting it, then go through the whole process of pairing the watch again.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
On occasion's where I received a replacement phone or preformed a hard reset on the phone, I also had to reset the watch then pair again. Rebooting and unpairing didn't work.