Annoying "secure wi-fi" reminders on android

Keith70

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Every time I connect to wifi on my Samsung S9+ I get this annoying "Secure wi-fi" logo in my status bar along with a screen pop up that will not go away.
I've gone into settings and it can't be disabled and the app (which hides invisibly in your app list and can't be found - yet is technically an app) cannot be uninstalled either. How very strange that they don't present it in your app list so that the settings are visible. Bit naughty that!
I sort of feel here that I'm being forced to use a product I neither want nor like and its being rammed down my throat !
I have my own wifi protection in my third party anti virus (which I trust), and am sick and tired of arguing with this irritating,persistent application.
I DON'T WANT IT, LIKE IT, TRUST IT OR NEED IT ! and to top it off it's only 250mb a month, which is not much at all, after which they start charging.
Does anybody know how I can assassinate this irritating feature ?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see it in your status bar, swipe down the notification panel and see if you can long-press the notification. Then tap App Info -- what app is responsible?

Keith70

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Hi
Sort of not fully sure what you mean by "what app is responsible" ?
I've done what you said but because this is a Samsung pre installed piece of software, "app" you could say......I can't do anything with it other than "Force stop".
Trouble with that is it appears to be a one time command and will reactivate next time I turn on wifi.
It's a strange app......because it is an app but doesn't show in my app folder. It does have an option to put an icon on my screen which I did but now its disappeared along with all the control functions that were sneakily hidden within it.
This is just the sort of thing that "Apple" do.....forcing product.....I will stop using wifi before I conform.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are various system apps, so I'm just trying to figure out which part of the system is giving you this notification. If it's a notification in the status bar, you can try to get a better idea of which system app is giving you that notification.

Keith70

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Now I understand...the app in question is the Samsung "Secure wi-fi" app.....like I mentioned previously though it's a strange one as it doesn't actually show in my app drawer....it is an app though. I think they are just trying to force it on users whilst at the same time severely limiting the users control over it. Can't uninstall, can't disable, turn off notifications and notifications still say "allowed" and force stopping has to be done every time wifi is turned on.
Problem I have with this is its conflicting with my existing wifi protection that I'm already paying for and am contractually committed to as I'm only 2 months into a 12 month contract.
I'm not happy and I'll be contacting Samsung by phone.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Works fine here

I. Disable Secure Wi-Fi

If you don't want to ever use this feature, you might just want to get rid of it entirely. Go into Settings → Apps → Secure Wi-Fi.

How to disable the annoying Secure Wi-Fi on the Samsung Galaxy S10

There, you will notice you can't "Disable" the app. No worries, there's another solution. Go into Storage and then tap Clear Data and Clear Cache. You're done.

How to disable the annoying Secure Wi-Fi on the Samsung Galaxy S10

The next time you connect to a Wi-Fi network, you will get a notification from Secure Wi-Fi. Dismiss it and you will never need to worry about it again. Basically, this leaves Secure Wi-Fi "inactive" on your phone and it's buried pretty far down your Settings menus, so you won't go activating it by accident.

I copied and pasted the appropriate part but for some reason pics were omitted

Keith70

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Thanks...that's pretty much done the job....
I don't understand why Samsung have made it so convoluted....a simple app with disable/uninstall option would have done the trick....we're all entitled to a choice.
Thanks again