Any clear cases that don't have the sticky spot?

gatorrich

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
As with my Note 5, I'm having a difficult time finding a case that doesn't get the sticky spot on the back. Right now, I have the Skyfall, Ringke Fusion and the Spigen. All have that annoying spot in the middle of the phone. I've tried cleaning and drying the back of the phone and the inside of the case, multiple times and still get that spot.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
As with my Note 5, I'm having a difficult time finding a case that doesn't get the sticky spot on the back. Right now, I have the Skyfall, Ringke Fusion and the Spigen. All have that annoying spot in the middle of the phone. I've tried cleaning and drying the back of the phone and the inside of the case, multiple times and still get that spot.
Odd that the Ringke had this as they use dot matrix to prevent that. I am using the blue ringke fusion case and the spigen neo hybrid. Neither of them have the spot.

gatorrich

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It's actually the Crystal Clear, not the Fusion. I'm going to order the Fusion and see how that one is, if it has that spot too, I'm giving up on the clear cases.

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It's actually the Crystal Clear, not the Fusion. I'm going to order the Fusion and see how that one is, if it has that spot too, I'm giving up on the clear cases.

i've been using those clear back cases for some years now, never really a problem until last year when i got the s8+. most of the clear cases has that sticky problem with the s8+, i had to clean it with soap once a week, and had to put on and remove numerous times to get that sticky spot not appearing. i then moved to another brand, poetic, it's also clear but with some extra black lines on the rear sides, and it didn't have that stick spot problem. now i'm using the samsung rugged case for the N9, and i'm so glad that i'm not dealing with that problem anymore, not to mention i don't need to clean it every week as well. i'd suggest moving away from these clear back cases, most of them will be yellowed in a month.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case as an interim option and some reviews said it could stick to the back.

However as I also use a dbrand Black Camo Back Skin this does not happen.

So fitting a skin should eliminate thst particular issue.

gatorrich

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case as an interim option and some reviews said it could stick to the back.

However as I also use a dbrand Black Camo Back Skin this does not happen.

So fitting a skin should eliminate thst particular issue.
I think I may try a skin. I've been looking at those full body ones, like GadgetShieldz. Wondering how the sides would hold up while changing cases?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I think I may try a skin. I've been looking at those full body ones, like GadgetShieldz. Wondering how the sides would hold up while changing cases?

I've had my case off the phone quite a few times now and the edges of the dbrand skin is still firmly affixed.

Possibly due to the fitting procedure of using a hair dryer and then rubbing the sides several times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly