Any HTC defectors out there?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Those of us who picked up this phone on release day (or shortly thereafter) are in line for upgrades on January 1st. I assume staying with HTC would mean going with a ONE. Just wondering what people who are thinking of leaving HTC are doing and why?

Me? Thanks for asking! I think I've decided to go with the LG G2. I've been with HTC for a while and feel the need to try something other than Sense. Lots of other great phones out there but for some reason I feel the G2 calling to me.

daamu

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I myself plan on sticking it out ,every phone out there has its share of issues , I feel htc is going to bring something out to kill everyone in the game. The One is cool but not enough to have me give up my evo Lte , I plan on getting my wife the moto X ,cause Samsung sucks and if you do your homework on the Lg you will see that's gonna suck too

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife and both kids have the HTC One. It is fantastic. I have been a two phone person for years, since at work we have had to have Blackberries. But as of last July, no more new Blackberries at work. So next week I am getting an iPhone 5S on Verizon for work and am keeping the EVOLTE for now, even though my upgrade date is in January. If the iPhone is nice, I may even give up my Sprint EVOLTE. I will have to see what becomes available in the spring. Some of my upgrade plans depend on what 4.3 and sense 5 do for the internal memory. It is currently problematic to update a number of apps without first uninstalling them and then reinstalling.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Could not deal with sprint anymore and jumped ship, swimming to Verizon. Got the SGS4 and the LG G2. Both beyond excellent. Having only had HTC in the past, wanted something different.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going with the nexus 5 I'm sooooo sick of wanting for HTC to update. I really like HTC build quality but I think that it's time to move on. I'm running cm 10.2 and its really made me enjoy as close to vanilla Android as I can get on the evo LtE and come June I'll officially be off contract.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with HTC and sense. I'm tired of sense breaking stuff in android and HTC calling it a "feature" or saying "that's how its supposed to work".

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 would be sweet but let's be honest almost everyone that owns a nexus device that I know or heard of anyways roots and ROMS it on day one at least the people I know that have them myself included because while vanilla android is nice the customization is still limited stock and a custom ROM is always very appealing...

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the pre-release and my update is/was Jan 1. I called Sprint and they bumped my update to Dec 18th so I could get a new phone for Christmas. I'm definitely getting the Nexus 5. I have had two Nexus tablets and after experiencing native Android and OS updates as soon as Google releases them, I'll never have anything else.

I'm also staying with Sprint as I'm in the Atlanta area and now get fast LTE everywhere I go.

Nexus 7 (2013)

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Going Moto X. Have no desire to ever have an HTC phone again. The 3D wasn't too bad but the LTE got ruined by HTC. The one has stupid buttons and is huge. Nothing they make interests me anymore.

But hold up, they bumped your upgrade?? Details please! :)

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You guys obviously Stuck with HTC on their not so great phones, it would be a shame to miss the greatest android smartphone ever made from HTC. The one is amazing and 8 months in still the best phone you can buy, and HTC seems to be getting their act together customer service wise and delivering fast updates and communication

Sent from my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You guys obviously Stuck with HTC on their not so great phones, it would be a shame to miss the greatest android smartphone ever made from HTC. The one is amazing and 8 months in still the best phone you can buy, and HTC seems to be getting their act together customer service wise and delivering fast updates and communication

Sent from my HTC One

I agree with you. HTC has had its bumps in the road for sure but the One has been fantastic for me.

I bought the pre-release and my update is/was Jan 1. I called Sprint and they bumped my update to Dec 18th so I could get a new phone for Christmas.

...and you Sr. inspired me. After seeing your post i called Sprint as well. I bought my evo 4g lte in May so my upgrade is also Jan. Asked for a few week's to buy a phone for a Christmas present and they said no problem. Funny thing is i'm not sure if i want another phone yet. I own the One so i may just sit on the upgrade. Just like to know i have it :)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Going Moto X. Have no desire to ever have an HTC phone again. The 3D wasn't too bad but the LTE got ruined by HTC. The one has stupid buttons and is huge. Nothing they make interests me anymore.
It was months before HTC fixed multitasking on the 4G LTE. I don't care what HTC does, I'll never buy anything they make ever again. I love my Nexus 7 so I decided to go with the Nexus 5.
But hold up, they bumped your upgrade?? Details please! :)
My upgrade date checked at my local Sprint store was January 1st. My store said that they could not change the date but on-line sales could. I then called Sprint on-line sales and told them I wanted a new phone for Christmas. They said they could make that possible by moving my upgrade date to December 18th. Today I rechecked my upgrade date and it is indeed now December 18th.

Nexus 7 (2013)

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Awesome.. I'll have to call and give that a try.

When I got the 3D I said "I'll probably only stick to Nexus phones" but they didn't have anything good so I went with the LTE, figured it should be good. That phone made me say I'd never buy anything but a nexus ever again.

Unfortunately they're just too big now, but the Moto X is damn close to stock, so it's ok. The Nexus 7 was the only way I'd ever get a tablet, and it's worked out great.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've already jumped ship. The top of the digitizer on my 4GLTE was going bad. Sprint wanted $100 to replace it under an insurance claim. I checked with HTC because it was just under a year old and they told me I would be without it for 6 - 7 weeks while they checked the phone out to see if it was a manufacturer's defect or not. I was waiting on the LG G2, but the EVO died before it came out so I had to jump on the S3 and burn my upgrade credit when Radio Shack had them for $45. I'm happy with the S3, but will be looking for a G2 sometime next year.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
A good rule of thumb, unfortunately, for any android owner is to keep your last phone. let's see, take the $15 that Sprint will give you for the trade in, or have a viable backup.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade is coming up in Feb. Wonder if they'd bump mine to Dec 18? Anyways my evo LTE has been a great phone with very little to complain about however I'm thinking possibly the nexus 5 for my upgrade. I love the aesthetics of the HTC phones build quality wise and the boom sound really intrigues me but I really hate waiting for os updates. The aesthetics don't usually affect me anyways because I throw an otterbox on it from day one. Eh but when it comes down to it I may just go with the one lol.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky