Any of you using ADW Launcher EX? Any good themes or settings?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Of course I only got it because of the 10 cent sale... :) But last time I tried using a free launcher, Go Launcher, I liked some of the themes but I didn't feel like it was worth sacrificing battery life. I'm hoping ADW will be better... or that maybe certain themes are more minimalistic (which is what I'd prefer anyway) and wouldn't impact the battery quite as much.

Also any good dark/black themes? It's awesome how nice and deep blacks look on our screens and I remember reading it's also better for the battery on LED screens.

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any of you using ADW Launcher EX? Any good themes or settings

Of course I only got it because of the 10 cent sale... :) But last time I tried using a free launcher, Go Launcher, I liked some of the themes but I didn't feel like it was worth sacrificing battery life. I'm hoping ADW will be better... or that maybe certain themes are more minimalistic (which is what I'd prefer anyway) and wouldn't impact the battery quite as much.

Also any good dark/black themes? It's awesome how nice and deep blacks look on our screens and I remember reading it's also better for the battery on LED screens.

I only use ADW EX launcher, the new update today made some nice changes. There are many nice themes available in market, some free some paid. For black/dark themes try Black theme for ADW by York.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I used it for the first time and played with all the settings to get a good feel for it. Overall, it seems just a tad bit slower than Touchwhiz and you lose the fancy menu that allows you to add widgets, wallpapers, and so on. You also have only 5 homescreens, but you get a bunch of transition animations that you don't have with Touchwhiz, but, while they are pretty fast, they are just not as smooth and fast as Touchwhiz, almost, but not quite. I like the fact that we get a landscape mode by using the launcher, that alone is worth few sacrifices we have to endure, although it bugs me that the resizing of my clock takes like half a second going from landscape to portrait.

How do you save your theme? Just do the backup? I'd like to try some of the free ones from the market, but don't want to lose all my settings in the process.

satur9ine

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I used it for the first time and played with all the settings to get a good feel for it. Overall, it seems just a tad bit slower than Touchwhiz and you lose the fancy menu that allows you to add widgets, wallpapers, and so on. You also have only 5 homescreens, but you get a bunch of transition animations that you don't have with Touchwhiz, but, while they are pretty fast, they are just not as smooth and fast as Touchwhiz, almost, but not quite. I like the fact that we get a landscape mode by using the launcher, that alone is worth few sacrifices we have to endure, although it bugs me that the resizing of my clock takes like half a second going from landscape to portrait.

How do you save your theme? Just do the backup? I'd like to try some of the free ones from the market, but don't want to lose all my settings in the process.

You can add more home screens. Just hit menu then edit from Amy home screen and then add away. Not very intuitive, I'll admit.

Reactions: MannyZ28

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

If you are using ADW launcher and press your phone option button, you get choices to add widgets, wallpaper and so on.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the option to shrink the size if the dockbar. You can also add an extra row of icons to each screen if you want to. It makes the icons smaller so you can squeeze more of them on the screen. Like this

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I got it too, haven't really used anything other then stock. Would like folders in the app drawer but it seems ADW can't do it.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I purchased the ADW launcher for my evo a few months back, so I figured Id try it on the Epic, its really quite amazing! the evo was a bit laggy at times when using the ADW, the Epic is just so zippy and nice with the ADW

SC20111210-115756.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001