Any suggestion on fixing these issues....Help

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm having a couple of serious problems with my phone!! I would like to see if I can fix the issue before going to verizon and have them issue me one of their broken refurbished phones!!

1. Calls> sometimes when I make a call I can't hear the other caller and my mic goes out. example: make call> call is connected I can't hear them they can't hear me. u know how when a call connects you can hear the phone release the earphone and mic I can't hear neither it's like I'm holding the phone to me ear without making a call. Same issue when I connect my bluetooth. Also when my phone rings and I answer it I can't hear or talk to the person

2.Constantly freezing up or hanging> I can try to go to and app and the phone takes about 5 min to open or my phone will restart or I will get a complete black screen.

Has anyone else experienced these problems and if so where you able to fix the issue. Any suggestions anyone!!!:':):)confused:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
*228 option 1 and see if that fixes your call issue.
Could the app itself be causing the problem. Uninstall app and reinstall app. Also clear the apps data. Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Then choose the app that hangs up then select it. Then clear Data.

If those do not work then do a master reset on the phone.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You didn't say, but have you had the phone very long and has it always done this?

If the suggestions above don't help, a factory reset is your best option. It's what verizon cs is going to do before they swap it out anyway.

As far as getting a refurb from verizon, I wouldn't worry too much about the phone you get...most of the refurbs are from people who have exchanged 8 or 9 phones because they have a software/app conflict causing their problem, but they're too $tupid to understand that.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You didn't say, but have you had the phone very long and has it always done this?

If the suggestions above don't help, a factory reset is your best option. It's what verizon cs is going to do before they swap it out anyway.

As far as getting a refurb from verizon, I wouldn't worry too much about the phone you get...most of the refurbs are from people who have exchanged 8 or 9 phones because they have a software/app conflict causing their problem, but they're too $tupid to understand that.

If I do a factory reset won't I lose all my apps? How do I get my apps back?
I have not had any luck in the past with there refurbs that y I am skept.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

I've had the phone since it's release date and no it hasn't. I don't remember if it started with the update or not. I will say LP force closes all the time. It could possibly be Launcher pro Hanging my phone but the restarts is killing me.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
*228 option 1 and see if that fixes your call issue.
Could the app itself be causing the problem. Uninstall app and reinstall app. Also clear the apps data. Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Then choose the app that hangs up then select it. Then clear Data.

If those do not work then do a master reset on the phone.

Seriously though, I can't pin point the app that hangs because they all do at some point. Could be Launcher Pro. this phone restarts about 7-11 times a day!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Go ahead and remove LP and see how the phone works. If all is well, you could try ADW instead. Some people have had problems with LP on Froyo, though it runs fine on my phone.

Also, if you happen to be running ATK, delete it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ever since Froyo, Market apps auto-update in background. Will frequently brick phone. Have to UN-check auto update for each app. Will still get notifications, can do at ur convenience. That's probably half ur problem, at least.

BTW, auto-update will also interfere with ur phone calls, if you happen to be on one when it happens.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ever since Froyo, Market apps auto-update in background. Will frequently brick phone. Have to UN-check auto update for each app. Will still get notifications, can do at ur convenience. That's probably half ur problem, at least.

BTW, auto-update will also interfere with ur phone calls, if you happen to be on one when it happens.

SERIOUSLY!!! I have a lot apps and I get about 12 updates a day seem like it would take a min to update one by one. But I can say just the other day I looked at my phone and I had the little Andriod sitting on my screen with the exclamation sign and I hadn't even touched my phone. I thought it was LP making my phone act up.

I will give this a shot and uncheck auto update and see what happens.
Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: RHChan84

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
LPP has been causing major FC issues since the last few updates, I would use ADW EX it has been improved greatly since first release..

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
LPP has been causing major FC issues since the last few updates, I would use ADW EX it has been improved greatly since first release..

It has force closed 6 times since my last post!! It has to be LPP I will uninstall and see what happens. Does ADW EX have the sliding dock that's what comes in handy the most for me. I have ADW on my phone but didn't want to purchase another launcher!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok switched to go launcher so far so good!! I will give this a week and see how my phone does! Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just found this thread when I came to search whether there was a known cause & resolution to this problem because I just experienced it yet again. It is VERY frustrating when it happens! But I have had this happen intermittently for many months now. I am NOT using, nor have I ever used, LPP or ADW.. so I can tell you that is not the cause. When this happend to me today I had a bunch of apps that were running in the background and closed them one-by-one with my task killer, then did some test calls the phone each time to see if it cleared it up. When every app was closed, I still had the problem, until I rebooted the phone. I just can't pin it down to any one app or scenario, or make it happen on purpose. It just happens once in a blue moon for unknown reasons. After rebooting I know it will be fine for a while. But I am thinking it might tend to happen more when I have not rebooted the phone in a few weeks... who knows?

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just found this thread when I came to search whether there was a known cause & resolution to this problem because I just experienced it yet again. It is VERY frustrating when it happens! But I have had this happen intermittently for many months now. I am NOT using, nor have I ever used, LPP or ADW.. so I can tell you that is not the cause. When this happend to me today I had a bunch of apps that were running in the background and closed them one-by-one with my task killer, then did some test calls the phone each time to see if it cleared it up. When every app was closed, I still had the problem, until I rebooted the phone. I just can't pin it down to any one app or scenario, or make it happen on purpose. It just happens once in a blue moon for unknown reasons. After rebooting I know it will be fine for a while. But I am thinking it might tend to happen more when I have not rebooted the phone in a few weeks... who knows?
It is still happening to me too. Now i'm not even getting my phone calls my phone isn't ringing or if it does ring it such a short time that the phone hangs up before I can answer. These issues are becoming so frustrating i'm a Realtor so you can imagine how livid I am now.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I know.. all you can do is turn the phone off & back on again (or battery pull). That usually clears it up -- until the next time it happens. :/ I hope they fix this in Gingerbread!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Seriously though, I can't pin point the app that hangs because they all do at some point. Could be Launcher Pro. this phone restarts about 7-11 times a day!

The *228 and #2 may work for call issue....

Also LP still has issues, I installed the latest update and device was freezing and rebooting on a regular, went back to AWD and haven't had a hiccup.

It is still happening to me too. Now i'm not even getting my phone calls my phone isn't ringing or if it does ring it such a short time that the phone hangs up before I can answer. These issues are becoming so frustrating i'm a Realtor so you can imagine how livid I am now.

You are not using any call blocker apps because the description you are giving is what mine does when my Call Blocker app is active, which is normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ygolonac