Anybody get one of these today?

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine, this phone is the best phone I ever had and I have them all. I sent my Galaxy S2 packing yesterday, The Amaze IMO has it all over the SGS2. The Amaze is the best built hardware I have held, this thing is a freaken beast. I tell anyone who enjoys quality, this has it all and is done right. Hands down better then the T-Mobile SGS2. I like the European version of the SGS2 much better then all the others but the only problem it is on the worst Carrier AT&T.

johnyguy

Banned
Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine, this phone is the best phone I ever had and I have them all. I sent my Galaxy S2 packing yesterday, The Amaze IMO has it all over the SGS2. The Amaze is the best built hardware I have held, this thing is a freaken beast. I tell anyone who enjoys quality, this has it all and is done right. Hands down better then the T-Mobile SGS2. I like the European version of the SGS2 much better then all the others but the only problem it is on the worst Carrier AT&T.

i agree i went to the store to check out both ,i was amazed by both gorgeous screen on both but on the amaze you can notice the extra resoulution and i dont like the sg2 blueish screen ,the built quality it above great its awsome i was amaized the speed both the same but fats for sure i try to load sites by side by side both were fast

jdthepig

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Was leaning heavily towards Amaze over GSII until I read multiple reviews about battery issues now all of these other comments amout SD card issues, the reboot issue, etc. have me wondering if I should change my mind.
:confused:

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Every new device has some issues, there isnt a perfect one. You should probably try out both to make your decision. Since you asked this twice in different threads. The battery isnt an issue. You cant make a determination about how the battery life is until you've given it time to condition and recycle a few times.And you're never going to get 2-3 full days from it without recharging. I cant comment on the reboot or S/D card issues. You have a 14 day remorse window, try out both for yourself and see. Also, on the QHD displays be sure to check for dead pixels. To get a good idea on which one is best for you, try watching a netflix video on both and see which one you like best. Its also a good way to check for dead pixels too.

jdthepig

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I certainly don't expect 2-3 days. I always charge my phone at night so I just want to get through the day. I'm also not overly concerned with the display - I'm sure any of these are better than my Curve 8900 :) My primary uses are email, text, phone calls (seems to be low on the list of phone uses these days :), web browsing, twitter, calendar, word/excel docs, and podcasts.

johnyguy

Banned
Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Was leaning heavily towards Amaze over GSII until I read multiple reviews about battery issues now all of these other comments amout SD card issues, the reboot issue, etc. have me wondering if I should change my mind.
:confused:

you can buy a 1900 battery on ebay thats what sensation owners did and problem solved

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't conferm that but the evo 4g is using the same battery as sensation so they might be the same if I have the phone I would give a shot and spend 20 $ to order one of those 1900 from ebay

The Amaze uses the same battery as the EVO 3D (not the EVO 4G). You have to flip the EVO battery over though, as the contacts in the Amaze are on the opposite side - works perfectly :)

crazyjeys

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The Amaze uses the same battery as the EVO 3D (not the EVO 4G). You have to flip the EVO battery over though, as the contacts in the Amaze are on the opposite side - works perfectly :)

polarity will be the same as the amaze battery? have you tried it? i'm dying to get one from ebay already.

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So the capacitive buttons on my Amaze only light up in the dark! It's using the light sensor to determine if they should light up or not. I tested this by walking in and out of a room with the lights on, the buttons light up in the dark and go off in the light. Putting my hand over the top where the sensors are too does it. I had no idea this phone does that (My EVO 4G and EVO 3D don't, they're always on).

Again, anyone know if this can be turned off (so the buttons are always on)? Battery saver function maybe?

Try turning off auto brightness.

dockgonzo

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I got one to replace my iPhone 3gs, while my bf got the S2 to replace his 3gs. I actually prefer the HTC (I saw the S2 before I ordered mine, but I ordered the Amaze sight unseen). The S2 is so thin that it is awkward to hold, while the Amaze is much more natural, albeit bulkier. They are both infinitely faster and better than the 3gs, and although I was worried about them being too big, now the 3gs feels small. It is very fast between screens and on wi-fi. I have only tried the 4G twice, once at my house (downtown in a large city), and once in Disneyland, and both times it seems absurdly slow. I was getting 120 k down, 600 k up at my house yesterday, now I am getting 600k down, and 1M up at my house today. At Disneyland, I could barely even connect to Facebook, and location services would hardly load at all, I had to try a few times and it took several minutes just to get my location. I barely got 100k down on speedtest in Disneyland. The 4G icon always comes on, but I have yet to see any speeds better than Edge. I definitely want to take it out to more locations to see if the speed improves, but it seems like the two place I tried it should have good coverage, as they are in major urban areas. I have had no problem with the micro SD card. The battery life could be better, but I have been playing a lot with it, which would drain the battery on any device.

Overall I am very happy with the phone, and glad I got it over the S2. In addition to the physical feel, I prefer the UI of HTC, and from the troubles my bf is having setting up his S2, it seems like the HTC is easier to operate and customize. My only two complaints have to do with the 4g, which is something I need to look into more, and the lack of accessories. I could not find a screen cover or case anywhere in LA, over a week after the phone came out. Many of the suppliers are not even manufacturing items for this phone, and most websites only list universal products for the phone model. This is an issue that will diminish over time, but I am a bit spoiled from the iPhone, which has a whole aisle of accessories in the store for it before it is even released.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diaz1981