Anybody going to wait it out? I am......

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting it out. But I'm probably going to go pick up an N7 to hold me over, and just return it when the N4 comes.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I say I am going wait it out for hopefully a white one which I am only going off speculation. Unfortunatily I am patience person and everytime use my TB and app crashed then I grow more impatient. What makes things worse I have a N7 which prefer stock android over OEM UI.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There will always be better phones coming out. I don't need the phone until Feb. That gives Google 2 months to get this figured out. I really want to pair the 4 with the chromebook as I already have the 7. Does anyone else love these names?

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
As much as I know I should wait I'll probably be on their site as soon as I hear stock is in. :) I told myself not to sit with my credit card last time and look what happened! Ugh. LOL
I know there are better phones coming out every month but at a starting price of $300 it's too good to pass up. For now I'll stick with my Nexus One and iPhone4, both getting old in the tooth.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I have no choice but to wait it out until it's available at the Play store again. First, I am not willing to go to a T-mobile store and pay $500 for it. Second, I have no intention of getting a non-Nexus device, and my current Galaxy Nexus will hold me over until I have a chance to get the Nexus 4. Honestly, I'm not having as much trouble waiting as I thought I would.

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really hope I can wait it out because if not I will be heading down to the my local store to get one!

I live in the UK and one of the carrier (O2) had obtained exclusivity to sell 16GB Nexus 4 one month before anyone else. O2 has priced it at ?399 (just the phone), which is ?120 ($190) more than the listing price in the Google Play Store for an exact same phone! I have been planning on getting the Nexus 4 as my first android phone and had been looking forward to its release for a long time so, like many people, I am feeling very crappy right now. I hope I don't lose my patience and decide to get it from O2!

Sorry I had to vent and I feel a bit better now... :)

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting it out. I'm not canceling my order and my money is pending on my bank count. I guess those of us that want a Nexus 4 badly really don't have a choice but to wait. I have my Nexus 7 that's filling the void for now. Hopefully 3 weeks will fly by :)

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I am especially since it has that LTE chip in it.
Qualcomm WTR1605L Seven-Band 4G LTE chip
Nexus 4 Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit

Which unfortunately means nothing. There's no antenna or amplifier to actually make it pick up an LTE signal. Not to mention the logistical nightmare for Google to acquire licensing to use LTE and push it to phones (if the hardware was there). The LTE radio is part of the chipset used for the device. Its also likely a simliar board to what's being used on the Optimus G, which logistically cuts down costs not having to make something custom.

The bottom line is that its not happening, folks. If a Nexus 4 ever comes out with a functional LTE radio in it, it'll have different internals than this one.