Anybody paying full retail for the Prime?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
How much could I get for my Bionic with extended and original battery? See lots of $400, would LOVE to sell it for that much (it has no scratches, bumps, etc), but my OG is struggling...hard. If I wait till the release date, you think I could fetch $400?!

Easily 430 to 500 bucks. If your phone has no marks on it. Then be sure to say "mint condition". That will alway get you buyers.

spooky981

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're paying full retail, I highly recommend you wait until two weeks have passed. I know it may be hard, but here's why:

1) If you buy from Verizon, likely the only preorder location, you will have to pay tax. On something that costs $650 that's not cheap.
2) Two weeks will take us to Black Friday where you're sure to get some sort of a discount from somewhere.
3) In a very short time after launch, eBay full retail prices will start to violate MAP pricing.

It's just two weeks guys. You can handle it.

Reactions: Phoenix111

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're paying full retail, I highly recommend you wait until two weeks have passed. I know it may be hard, but here's why:

1) If you buy from Verizon, likely the only preorder location, you will have to pay tax. On something that costs $650 that's not cheap.
2) Two weeks will take us to Black Friday where you're sure to get some sort of a discount from somewhere.
3) In a very short time after launch, eBay full retail prices will start to violate MAP pricing.

No.

I can't.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Rally_sign_cant%20wait.JPG

Laughing Man

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Do you really think it'll be discounted by Black Friday? It's a pretty new phone and not to mention it's a Nexus phone. Though I'm waiting for the GSM variant which will probably be sold unlocked.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on adding a line to my verizon account and giving my wife the primary phone (iphone4). Is there any benefit to me buying at full price since it's the added line or how does this work? Would I even be eligible for a discount?

spooky981

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Laughing Man:

Nobody can say for sure. But hey, the bionic was on sale for one cent with new two year agreement only about 30 days after it's release. And full retail bionic price is $100 below MAP on ebay.

I think it's safe to say WireFly or LetsTalk will have some sort of black friday deal. But at the very least hold out long enough to buy it online - save yourself the sales tax.

Cell phones have really short product life cycles.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to buy this sucker on launch day, but I'd like to avoid buying, then hearing about a 2nd day discount. That happened to 2 buddies, one paid full price for a Bionic, then a day later a 2nd friend got it $100 cheaper. I know this is common with electronics, but I'd like to avoid the first adoptor's tax.

Verizon has a 14 day return/exchange policy (even for full retail purchases). If that happens you just call customer service,explain it and you will should get a bill credit for the difference. Local store manager might (tell them you might return the phone) also work but I've always had better luck with things if I call customer service.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
do you mean Full Retail? Because i know right now VZ offers the thunderbolt for 569(used to be 599) and BBYM still has it for 699

This isn't just a Best Buy thing. As near as I have ever been able to tell the full retail price of a phone is always higher through indirect retailers than it is in the carrier store or online.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on adding a line to my verizon account and giving my wife the primary phone (iphone4). Is there any benefit to me buying at full price since it's the added line or how does this work? Would I even be eligible for a discount?

If you are adding service and willing to commit to two years you will ALWAYS get a discount of some sort. Most of the time you get the full subsidized pricing. In some cases I have seen the subsidized pricing is not as good for existing customers or upgrades but that's rare these days. Verizon directly will always give you the full subsidy.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Full retail for me! Since I get to upgrade every year and saved mine this year for new iPhone (only to be disappointed) and gonna save the upgrade for iPhone 5 next year (summer hopefully), will be using my GS2 International as a backup to the Galaxy Nexus but hopefully the AT&T compatible version will be launched on release day. If it isn't then looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

gniss39#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using an OG Droid for a year that I bought off eBay in great condition. Just renewed my contract last week buying a 4S and still waiting to receive it this week.
Already having second thoughts about it without even getting it ha. Been a big fan of android nd it's customization and developer support (esp. With the OG) . May just have to return the iPhone to Verizon without opening it depending on the Prime, ICS, and Razr announcements in the next 48 hours. Going to an Apple store tomorrow to play with the 4S so I can maybe decide before I get the phone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
In my country, there's no such thing as contract/subsidized phones. No choice. But pretty happy with it. (Carriers don't charge you more than $30 a month ever!)

Laughing Man

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Laughing Man:

Nobody can say for sure. But hey, the bionic was on sale for one cent with new two year agreement only about 30 days after it's release. And full retail bionic price is $100 below MAP on ebay.

I think it's safe to say WireFly or LetsTalk will have some sort of black friday deal. But at the very least hold out long enough to buy it online - save yourself the sales tax.

Cell phones have really short product life cycles.

Aren't Wirefly and LetsTalk usually with contracts? If I'm on T-Mobile they wouldn't help me. But yeah I plan on buying online.