anyone ditch their gs2 because of poor sprint coverage?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, after about 6 months with this phone I'm thinking of going back to Verizon. Its going to cost me big but I think I can sell the phone back to sprint for around $200 (hopefully). I'm just getting fed up with having no signal in office buildings especially where the signal is not strong to begin with. I love this phone though so it's not going to be an easy decision. Anyone switch to Verizon? I guess I would get the galaxy nexus. Thanks.

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, after about 6 months with this phone I'm thinking of going back to Verizon. Its going to cost me big but I think I can sell the phone back to sprint for around $200 (hopefully). I'm just getting fed up with having no signal in office buildings especially where the signal is not strong to begin with. I love this phone though so it's not going to be an easy decision. Anyone switch to Verizon? I guess I would get the galaxy nexus. Thanks.

I switched to Verizon after being with Sprint for 10 yrs. Best move I've ever made. Everybody talks about how much cheaper Sprint is, but my bill with Verizon is only 11$ more per month. Sprint does have better deals, but IMO cheaper isn't always better. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with letting coverage decide who you go with. Where I live, Sprint's coverage is second to none, so that fact along with my SERO plan makes Verizon et al absolute non-starters.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I ditched my evo 3d because of Sprint's horrible data conectivity. No 4g (or 3g/700kb at best). I fell for Sprint's deals instead of shopping around at the time. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

olorin

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I get great coverage but I did have trouble in 2 buildings after Verizon ended the roaming agreement with Sprint. Sprint gave us 2 AirRaves to boost the signal in those buildings, which work great, so we haven't had a problem at all.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I miss verizon. I work at a hospital In the Orlando area. I use to get service in all the throughout the hospital, elevators, even in the basement. Now with Sprint I roam everywhere, 4g is spotty, I drop calls.

I walk around like this trying to send a text or make a call..........

The-lion-king-pride-rock-rafiki-simba-1.jpg

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I miss verizon. I work at a hospital In the Orlando area. I use to get service in all the throughout the hospital, elevators, even in the basement. Now with Sprint I roam everywhere, 4g is spotty, I drop calls.

I walk around like this trying to send a text or make a call..........

Click to view quoted image
That is too funny. I'm in sales so I am in a lot of different buildings. Unfortunately it's not an option for me to get a signal booster. I knew the coverage wouldn't be as good as Verizon but when I signed on I was more in the city. Now I go out into more rural areas and some places I don't have a signal at all. I wish I could take this phone to Verizon. Oh well. I just need to determine if I can ride it out or not.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Verizon after being with Sprint for 10 yrs. Best move I've ever made. Everybody talks about how much cheaper Sprint is, but my bill with Verizon is only 11$ more per month. Sprint does have better deals, but IMO cheaper isn't always better. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

$11 dollars a month is $132 dollars more a year. Thats $264 dollars more during the term of a two year contract. Then again if you live in a bad coverage area for Sprint actually being able to use your smart phone as a smart phone might be worth more than $264.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Network first, device second ... as painful as that can be sometimes. A great smartphone is just a lump of electronics if you cannot make calls or use data reliably. I would get on the horn with Sprint and see what they may be able to do for you. It will probably be a steep hill to climb, but if you come to the point where you just can't take it anymore, it's worth a shot at getting your ETF waived.

Sprint has excellent coverage where I live, work and commute in San Diego. While we never got WiMax, 3G speeds are very good just about everywhere and it's good enough for my needs. I have a tower about 300 yards from my office window and I can practically feel the signal beam hitting me across the face. It's all luck of the draw sometimes when it comes to the network.

Good luck.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Network first, device second ... as painful as that can be sometimes. A great smartphone is just a lump of electronics if you cannot make calls or use data reliably. I would get on the horn with Sprint and see what they may be able to do for you. It will probably be a steep hill to climb, but if you come to the point where you just can't take it anymore, it's worth a shot at getting your ETF waived.

Sprint has excellent coverage where I live, work and commute in San Diego. While we never got WiMax, 3G speeds are very good just about everywhere and it's good enough for my needs. I have a tower about 300 yards from my office window and I can practically feel the signal beam hitting me across the face. It's all luck of the draw sometimes when it comes to the network.

Good luck.
Thanks JayWill. I wish I had more time to try things out. I wanted to give sprint a try and had to ask other people about their experiences which all seemed pretty good. Unfortunately now with my new territory it is becoming more problematic.

rocker22dallas

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have an issue with sprint service (I have had no issues and get service where Verizon doesn't) it roams on Verizon, and you ccan install custom prl that aallows 3g while roaming on Verizon. $11 is a lot of gas that could be in my gas tank.

Sent from my Galaxy S II epic 4g touch. longest phone name in the world

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Not right now, in southern California anyways. $11 got me 2.45 gallons this morning. Which gets me about 1 1/2 round trips between home and work.

:mad: *shakes fist at gas prices* :mad:

Ya... I'm in San Diego too and gas prices are just crazy compared to most places. At least it's better than what it was back in 08 or whenever it was suuuper high.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been extremely disappointed with Sprint. Phone tries to roam all the time, and 3G speeds are pathetic. 50% of my day I can not even use the smartphone features. It does however work great as a phone!

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My coverage has not changed but the phone has from BB Bold to GS2 Epic so far no difference to connectivity but sometimes when I'm in an old building filled with a lot of un protected wiring it does interfere with all connections:3G, 4G, WiFi but I just adjust usually my location when I can, when not Have to wait it out as long as it's not a emergency. So will stay with Sprint.

blazerdroid

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
My coverage in Rochester is wonderful. I've been with sprint for many years and can honestly say I have no issues. I've been well treated by all and coverage is superb. I work in a hospital also. They are installing new wireless technology in the building and my reception continues to improve. Perhaps your facility is working on theirs and your signal will improve.

kina bina

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My coverage USED to be great. All of a sudden, my 4g is not connecting anywhere, even in areas where it used to connect perfectly. 3g only works seldomly. So? What does that leave me with? Wireless. But not all places provides wireless connection. Plus, it's not like I live in a rural area. I live in LA, and Sprint's coverage has sucked for me so far.

My boyfriend is with Verizon and is able to get coverage anywhere. I would switch to verizon, but I'm still under the 2 year contract with Sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484