anyone ditch their gs2 because of poor sprint coverage?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought about it at first, had this beast since launch day. Sprints 3G speeds average between .40 and .90 not great but enough to do the job but 4G I average 9-13 Mbs down which is just fine for me. I average about 4-5 gigs p/m between pandora, utube, netflix, etc. With the 79.99 everything data plan and that xtra 300 minutes p/m i got a while back I probably will never leave this plan. When LTE gets deployed I hope sprint can find a way to rebound. I like rooting for the underdog :) Btw, I'm in the greater DC/MD area.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon was just to much for me. It was more expensive and offered less at the more expensive price. However if you can afford the price it is worth it. Verizon is the best, but with the best comes a price. I am very happy with Sprint, but if I could afford it I would probably go to Verizon honestly for the coverage alone. But with my financial situation my decision process looks like this:

cost > coverage > equipment

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Sprint coverage in my area is amazing! I get good reception in areas where frineds on a different carrier get a bad signal.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before; Things started going downhill long before the iPhone. My previous phone, the Motorola Photon had an incredible radio and about a month after getting it I noticed the sheer decrease in signal.

Surfing the web was fun then it became a chore due to how slow the speeds were. Even now with my current phone, I need to be on wifi which is great at home but no good if out and about and wifi is not available.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Coverage in my area is fine and I've had no complaints with what Sprint has provided. Plus, we have several phones attached to the account so it'll be an expensive move to take all lines off and move over to Verizon. I'll stay with Sprint unless something drastic occurs in the service we are provided.