Anyone ditching android for the Iphone 14 pro max with Dynamic Island

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My husband got the 14 Pro today and I asked him if I could spend some time with his iPhone 13 before he sent it in (he had over a week). His 13 has already been updated to the same iOS as the 14. I have also played around with his 14 Pro a little.

So, now I have "my own" iPhone for a week running the latest software. I won't turn this into a long commentary. There was one thing I wish I had on my S22U ... secure face unlock... and bring on the pill, I don't mind, worth it. I'd take a big Pixel 4-like notch (owned a 4). Using my password manager was seamless. Anything that required authentication passed almost instantaneously (including logging into the phone). Very impressed. Dynamic island, continent whatever it takes.

That's what I learned. I won't be buying a 14 Pro Max. He can send back the phone on Monday.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an iPhone 14 Pro on Friday.

Really nice device, but I don’t think I’ll be giving up my Galaxy S22 Ultra. The iPhone does have better battery and I haven’t tested the cameras just yet. But iOS is really clean and smooth. Dynamic island is alright but doesn’t have much functionality. It is nicely animated and fun.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Pre-order the Pro Max purple. I do love my Samsung but I was one of the lucky ones to get the email from Samsung about by account being involved in the data breach.

Lost a lot of faith in them at that point to be honest.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well....some of the catch is that you have to be on the Magenta Max plan or have a MaxUP add on....I got the add on
I should have gone through TMobile but I usually get unlock device and probably would have gotten mine faster then apple store lol.

Im trading in the Fold 3 for the 4 .. Samsung business was giving me 1200.00 for it so in total I'm paying 650.00 for Fold 4 upgrade which will be here probably Tuesday.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My husband got the 14 Pro today and I asked him if I could spend some time with his iPhone 13 before he sent it in (he had over a week). His 13 has already been updated to the same iOS as the 14. I have also played around with his 14 Pro a little.

So, now I have "my own" iPhone for a week running the latest software. I won't turn this into a long commentary. There was one thing I wish I had on my S22U ... secure face unlock... and bring on the pill, I don't mind, worth it. I'd take a big Pixel 4-like notch (owned a 4). Using my password manager was seamless. Anything that required authentication passed almost instantaneously (including logging into the phone). Very impressed. Dynamic island, continent whatever it takes.

That's what I learned. I won't be buying a 14 Pro Max. He can send back the phone on Monday.
Yes other than that I can't think of anything else it offers that I just have to have or want. Already bored of the AOD and the lockscreen is more lackluster than I thought it would be. Have had the phone 2 days and haven't used it for.more than 2 hours in total. Trying to give it a chance, but it just doesn't impress me like when I get a new galaxy or a pixel for that matter.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's still an iPhone lol. That fact will never change. Their hype machine/marketing is amazing but ultimately iOS never changes that much. Android is still far more intuitive and fun to use.

That said, I usually carry an iPhone as a second device because they're just solid phones all around. Great battery life, great speakers, solid performance and best in class video.

Plus the Apple watch is the best thing Apple has ever made, and you need an iPhone to enjoy it.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Well....some of the catch is that you have to be on the Magenta Max plan or have a MaxUP add on....I got the add on
The other catch is that you literally cannot pay that phone off early otherwise you will lose your trade in credit. The trade credit is only applied as a monthly bill credit. If you decided to pay off the phone after a month you will pay the full price of it.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
The other catch is that you literally cannot pay that phone off early otherwise you will lose your trade in credit. The trade credit is only applied as a monthly bill credit. If you decided to pay off the phone after a month you will pay the full price of it.

that's a pretty big "catch" lol

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It's their way of holding you to a contract without having a contract.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Ummmmm...... I don't think so..... I pay my phone off all time time when I purchase through T-Mobile. The great thing is that I KEEP the monthly credit as long as the line is active. Done this with about 3 phones

Edit: you are correct on the month thing. You need to wait at least 3 billing cycles, then you can pay it off

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Ummmmm...... I don't think so..... I pay my phone off all time time when I purchase through T-Mobile. The great thing is that I KEEP the monthly credit as long as the line is active. Done this with about 3 phones

Edit: you are correct on the month thing. You need to wait at least 3 billing cycles, then you can pay it off
I'm embarrassed to say, but I've pushed the limits with every TMO promo. So I know many of the rules and have had to educate many of their support staff

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site

It literally says in the promotions fine print. The trade in promotion only applies in the form of 24 monthly bill credits. If you trade a device outside the promotion then sure you can pay it off. If you have the promotion, it is literally only applied in the form of a bill credit. I spent like 3 hours on the phone with them arguing this and it's stealing from a customer should they decide to pay off the device early.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
It literally says in the promotions fine print. The trade in promotion only applies in the form of 24 monthly bill credits. If you trade a device outside the promotion then sure you can pay it off. If you have the promotion, it is literally only applied in the form of a bill credit. I spent like 3 hours on the phone with them arguing this and it's stealing from a customer should they decide to pay off the device early.
Correct, you will continue getting the bill credits for 24 months. Regardless if you pay it off after 3 months or pay it down. That's why the app gives you that option.

I wouldn't believe anything they tell you. I literally just educated them on the 1000 trade in credit for my 6 pro. They were trying to push the Max plan on me and I told them all I needed was the MaxUp add on.

Edit: and for those who are considering the 1000 credit by adding MAXUP. The initial price will only show a 500 credit, when you go to checkout the 1000 credit will show. Taking the price to only paying the taxes.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Correct, you will continue getting the bill credits for 24 months. Regardless if you pay it off after 3 months or pay it down. That's why the app gives you that option.

I wouldn't believe anything they tell you. I literally just educated them on the 1000 trade in credit for my 6 pro. They were trying to push the Max plan on me and I told them all I needed was the MaxUp add on.
I think we are saying the same thing. If get a $1000 phone and get a $500 trade in promotion. Let's say your payment is $40 a month then apply the bill credit of $20 for 24 months.

In 3 months time to pay the device off it will cost you $880. Once the device is paid off the promotion stops because it's specific to the device not the line of service it's on. You lose the rest of the trade value.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I think we are saying the same thing. If get a $1000 phone and get a $500 trade in promotion. Let's say your payment is $40 a month then apply the bill credit of $20 for 24 months.

In 3 months time to pay the device off it will cost you $880. Once the device is paid off the promotion stops because it's specific to the device not the line of service it's on. You lose the rest of the trade value.
I think I get you. But if you pay off the phone at 880. Then now your bill is 40 less per month. You no longer have the 20 for the phone because you paid it off, and you are still getting a credit of 20 for the rest of the 24 months.

Remember the phone is paid off, so all you have is the credit now.

Who's on first....lol

Example: your bill is 200. You no longer pay the phone of 20. So now the bill is 180. You still are getting your credit of 20, so now your bill is 160......get it?

The promotion doesn't stop when the phone is paid off. If they are telling you that it's a lie. I just did this with my daughter's iPhone 13.

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm embarrassed to say, but I've pushed the limits with every TMO promo. So I know many of the rules and have had to educate many of their support staff
You're not alone. I do it all the time while thinking to myself "damn do they not make you learn or read the policies". Always giving out misinformation and get mad when you correct them lol. That's the one thing I like most about T-mobile is that you can stack multiple device promos and eip (if you have the credit available).

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
You're not alone. I do it all the time while thinking to myself "damn do they not make you learn or read the policies". Always giving out misinformation and get mad when you correct them lol. That's the one thing I like most about T-mobile is that you can stack multiple device promos and eip (if you have the credit available).

Promos are great if you know how to use them. The best one I got was a free line.

I had to have it a year and then I could cancel one of the lines I was paying on. I did this for one of my lines. My daughter wasn't happy, but in 30 minutes all her friends had her new number which was the only catch (can't change the number)