Anyone ditching android for the Iphone 14 pro max with Dynamic Island

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I think I get you. But if you pay off the phone at 880. Then now your bill is 40 less per month. You no longer have the 20 for the phone because you paid it off, and you are still getting a credit of 20 for the rest of the 24 months.

Remember the phone is paid off, so all you have is the credit now.

Who's on first....lol

Example: your bill is 200. You no longer pay the phone of 20. So now the bill is 180. You still are getting your credit of 20, so now your bill is 160......get it?

The promotion doesn't stop when the phone is paid off. If they are telling you that it's a lie. I just did this with my daughter's iPhone 13.
I would like to thank you for this information. It says if you cancel before the 24 months you lose bill credits. I was assuming by paying the device of early you are canceling the agreement.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I would like to thank you for this information. It says if you cancel before the 24 months you lose bill credits. I was assuming by paying the device of early you are canceling the agreement.
That is true if you cancel the line that the phone is getting the credit for.

Now what I don't know yet or cannot confirm, is what happens if you switch the phone on that particular line. I believe it wouldn't matter and you would still get that credit. I'll try it on my daughters line and let you know...

Glad I could help

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Promos are great if you know how to use them. The best one I got was a free line.

I had to have it a year and then I could cancel one of the lines I was paying on. I did this for one of my lines. My daughter wasn't happy, but in 30 minutes all her friends had her new number which was the only catch (can't change the number)

I can't believe on reddit that people post them having 10 lines and only paying a little under 30. That's mind blowing. I would never leave at that price.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That is true if you cancel the line that the phone is getting the credit for.

Now what I don't know yet or cannot confirm, is what happens if you switch the phone on that particular line. I believe it wouldn't matter and you would still get that credit. I'll try it on my daughters line and let you know...

Glad I could help
As long as the line is not canceled you still recieve the credit. T-mobile doesn't police what device is used on what account. That's what I love about physical sims. You just put it in the device you want and that it. No need to let T-mobile know you're switching or anything.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
As long as the line is not canceled you still recieve the credit. T-mobile doesn't police what device is used on what account. That's what I love about physical sims. You just put it in the device you want and that it. No need to let T-mobile know you're switching or anything.
Thanks Buzzy!

Saved me a bunch of drama with my teenager

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Maybe that's why AT&T is pushing ESIM's so hard. And iPhones are going ESIM only. I think we're being locked down... again :eek: lol.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's why AT&T is pushing ESIM's so hard. And iPhones are going ESIM only. I think we're being locked down... again :eek: lol.
I hope not, but it seems that way. Of course carriers are always trying to find a way to lock us down to them financially.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I've reached a point in life/age where I'm tired of going back and forth between platforms. My last ios device was an iPhone 12 pro. I think the situation for me is that although ios is a smooth OS, I love the versatility of Android, specifically One UI. It's definitely cleaned up over the years and has become a pleasant, consistent experience

To add, I'm investing in Samsungs ecosystem. I recently bought the watch 4 to go with my s22, and I plan on buying the s tab 6 lite that they revamped for the holidays. Eventually, I'm going to buy a Samsung TV to replace my TCL Roku but want to buy one of the higher end models.

I'll just watch reviews on YouTube going forward on all new tech outside of Samsung. Who knows, I may get the bug again but I'm pretty comfortable staying with Samsung

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I think I've reached a point in life/age where I'm tired of going back and forth between platforms. My last ios device was an iPhone 12 pro. I think the situation for me is that although ios is a smooth OS, I love the versatility of Android, specifically One UI. It's definitely cleaned up over the years and has become a pleasant, consistent experience

To add, I'm investing in Samsungs ecosystem. I recently bought the watch 4 to go with my s22, and I plan on buying the s tab 6 lite that they revamped for the holidays. Eventually, I'm going to buy a Samsung TV to replace my TCL Roku but want to buy one of the higher end models.

I'll just watch reviews on YouTube going forward on all new tech outside of Samsung. Who knows, I may get the bug again but I'm pretty comfortable staying with Samsung
I feel the same here can't keep switching back and forth gets expensive in today's economy.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I have that tablet and love it. :)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope not, but it seems that way. Of course carriers are always trying to find a way to lock us down to them financially.

Allowing you to have 8 SIMs in one device at once seems like an odd way for carriers to lock you down...

This is ecosystem lock-in from Apple, nothing to do with the carriers. Having to call your carrier to get a QR code if you want to switch to Android while staying with iOS and upgrading can be done as simply as tapping yes is one more barrier to leaving Apples vile clutches.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Allowing you to have 8 SIMs in one device at once seems like an odd way for carriers to lock you down...

This is ecosystem lock-in from Apple, nothing to do with the carriers. Having to call your carrier to get a QR code if you want to switch to Android while staying with iOS and upgrading can be done as simply as tapping yes is one more barrier to leaving Apples vile clutches.
"vile" ;)

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

The good side of this inconsiderate move by Apple is that worldwide adoption of eSIM will be drastically accelerated amongst slow-adopters, paving the way for Android OEMs to follow suit with much less blow-back in the following years. But I still hope that Samsung keeps poking fun at Apple for this move for at least a few more years (i.e. doesn't switch to eSIM-only itself.)

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to call them for a qr you just search it and if the e-sim is already activated you don't actually need the qr code for it to activate. At least on T-Mobile.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Last thing on the e SIM subject. I'm tired of Apple. Always getting credit for being first to something when they are not like the removal of the headphone jack, but I digress. Just like Motorola was the first to do that, they also was the first to actually move e-sim him only with the Motorola razr. Time will tell how long it takes for the other OEM manufacturers to do the same. As for now, I will enjoy the convenience of being able to manually swap my sim cards as I please .

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Last thing on the e SIM subject. I'm tired of Apple. Always getting credit for being first to something when they are not like the removal of the headphone jack, but I digress. Just like Motorola was the first to do that, they also was the first to actually move e-sim him only with the Motorola razr. Time will tell how long it takes for the other OEM manufacturers to do the same. As for now, I will enjoy the convenience of being able to manually swap my sim cards as I please .

Me and the wife just got new SIM cards, just to be safe for our new 5G phones, but our 6+ year old SIM's were still working great. So I plan on SIM switching for a long time to come. I won't be buying any ESIM only phones until I'm forced to ;)