Anyone else agree with MKBHD about the looks of the camera?

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The thing I'm worried about is the squared edges if I'm being honest with you. I think rounded corners would be more comfortable in your pocket? I'm talking about the Ultra.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The thing I'm worried about is the squared edges if I'm being honest with you. I think rounded corners would be more comfortable in your pocket? I'm talking about the Ultra.

Well it seems the 22 Ultra is replacing the Note series. The note series had those squared edges starting with the Note 10 plus.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the look of the camera setup in the back. I actually like the S22 Ultra look than the S21 Ultra look. At the end phone looks are subjective and each has their own preference.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Note 22 is the ultra without the name , nothing about the Ultra is S series but the other 2 are S series
That's exactly how it looks to me. I liked how Note looked but never got it before since I didn't think I'd use S Pen. Then I got Tab S6 Lite and use S Pen all the time, so I wanted it. LOL

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
carried a Note 8 for 3 years and Note 20 Ultra for close to two which has almost the same dimensions and shape. Carry’s in pocket whether slack or blue jeans, walking or in pocket sitting/driving with no issues or discomfort.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly how it looks to me. I liked how Note looked but never got it before since I didn't think I'd use S Pen. Then I got Tab S6 Lite and use S Pen all the time, so I wanted it. LOL
Yep i put my Note 20u next s22U u probably couldn't even tell difference lol you put the s21 next to a Note you know the difference , Spen is awesome especially having its slot

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I dunno, I tried using the S-Pen from my Tab S6 and I just never seemed to find a use for it and would rather just use the touch screen. Plus I feel like I'm going to eventually scratch the screen with continued use lol.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, I tried using the S-Pen from my Tab S6 and I just never seemed to find a use for it and would rather just use the touch screen. Plus I feel like I'm going to eventually scratch the screen with continued use lol.
I found it easier to swipe type with the S Pen than with my finger.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
While I am not crazy about the layout of the camera lenses on the S22 Ultra, it is not a deal breaker. I am interested in the function of the camera not the aesthetics.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't agree. The Ultra clearly replaced the Note. Unless we see the next Note announced that is.
What did the Ultra have that replaced the Note ?
S22U is the Note only thing Ultra swapped was the Name , compare Note 20u to S22U which is almost identical then compare S21U to S22U there was nothing in common.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What did the Ultra have that replaced the Note ?
S22U is the Note only thing Ultra swapped was the Name , compare Note 20u to S22U which is almost identical then compare S21U to S22U there was nothing in common.

All I'm saying is we have the s22 ultra and no Note. Seems clear that by giving the Ultra and the fold S pen functionality. The writing was on the wall concerning the future of the Note series.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ironically they didn't kill the Note. They killed the S series Ultra.

This is exactly what I thought as I read an article someone wrote on how he misses the S21 Ultra design and he felt that people who wanted that design got left out. The Note really came over to the S line and killed what was the Ultra and took its nameplate.