Anyone else order both the galaxy watch and the note 9?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm still torn between 42 and 46mm. Love the smaller size but also love the bigger battery on 46mm. First world problems

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
This is one Lame *** CHEAP expensive *** watch.. instead of trying to add gizmos to it they should figure out how to have the battery life last more than a damn day. What's the use of paying those high ads prices when you cant get any usage TIME on these whack *** watches..

What are you going off about? The Gear S3 battery lasts a good 3 days already, and the Galaxy Watch is being advertised to get around 5 days of battery.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone had the gear sport and how was the battery life on that? That's almost same as the 42mm Galaxy watch. Want to know how's the battery life with always on display, notifications coming in regularly, using it for some workout in the day etc. Does it last easily full day with all features on and medium usage.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the fence, my last smartwatch was the Moto 360. I still have it, but the last band broke and I haven't ordered another. Kind of wanting an updated watch. And I wouldn't use MST so that is a non issue for me. I have the Note 9 pre-ordered. It seems I would get alot more functionality out of the Galaxy watch compared to my Moto 360. What do you peeps think?

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone had the gear sport and how was the battery life on that? That's almost same as the 42mm Galaxy watch. Want to know how's the battery life with always on display, notifications coming in regularly, using it for some workout in the day etc. Does it last easily full day with all features on and medium usage.

I've had the Gear Sport since it was released and absolutely love it. The longest I've pushed it (using all of your asked about usage) has been almost 2 full days (with just a little left to spare). And I do love what I have but it is starting to show its age (yes, a whole year :-*).

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Gear Sport since it was released and absolutely love it. The longest I've pushed it (using all of your asked about usage) has been almost 2 full days (with just a little left to spare). And I do love what I have but it is starting to show its age (yes, a whole year :-*).

Thanks !!! That's good to hear and gives me some confidence on the battery life with new chip and software optimization.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The more I read about the Galaxy watch the more I realize it's just like the gear S3(which is an awesome watch). I wanted something new because I like my toys but I can't justify spending another 400 on something that's just like what I already have.

ShuaShua

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
No MST in the new watch so no order for me. I may head out and grab a Gear S3 though.

I'm right there with you. Was really looking forward to updating but MST has saved me Multiple times on my S3...wont be getting one, which my wallet is fine with since, you know, the note 9 is $1000!

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm right there with you. Was really looking forward to updating but MST has saved me Multiple times on my S3...wont be getting one, which my wallet is fine with since, you know, the note 9 is $1000!
I decided to forgo the watch since it doesn't have MST....that extra cash goes towards the 512 Note. I saw they said they left it out so they could do a bigger battery but the S4 is now just like every other watch out in my opinion.