Anyone flash 4.0.4 yet?

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting a lot of 3g to 4g switching in a stationary spot. I'm sitting in the same spot with my Razr and it just stays on the 4g. Sigh....

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay. Cool so here is what I did, I used the one click root method from the AC forums. Then put the update on my phone and used clockwork recovery to flash the update. This unrooted the device. So I'm now on stock 4.0.4 unrooted with only an unlocked boot loader and a different recovery. Runs great. For me signal was a huge issue. I had perfect 4G coverage near my home with the HTC thunderbolt and with the nexus I lost 4G all the time. I will test this when I get back home after the Superbowl and report if the signal has in fact improved.

Blayze04......

When you flashed the update, did you have to rename the file? Or leave it as is, then flash the file using CWR?

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Been running since this a.m. & mine is now constantly 4 bars Lte in my home where usually im 2 bars 3g at most.....No complaints

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to root the update 4.0.4? I tried the WUZ method and it's not taking the SU.update.

Thanks

For future reference get the vodoo root keeper app. After I flashed and lost root, I was rooted again with on click using the app. I keeps a protected copy of the super user and reinstalls it with one click. Awesome app.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I finally flashed it. But then eventually flashed back. Its not that much of a big deal honestly. Ill wait for it from Verizon.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I finally flashed it. But then eventually flashed back. Its not that much of a big deal honestly. Ill wait for it from Verizon.

I'm surprised that you would go back to the older radios. I know you've had many issues with the mic dying during calls. The new ones might fix that.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
How do you put a file to the route of the sd card with this phone? My MAC won't add the device to the desk top

I don't know anything about the Mac world, but the easiest way for me to get a file on my phone is to download it directly to the phone from the phone's browser. Another way is to use WiFi File Explorer. That lets you transfer phones from a computer to your device without wires.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know anything about the Mac world, but the easiest way for me to get a file on my phone is to download it directly to the phone from the phone's browser. Another way is to use WiFi File Explorer. That lets you transfer phones from a computer to your device without wires.

Yea I did it that way. I'm having trouble unlocking my boot loader though so i can try the update :-(. You tube is not helping and no one seems to have a MAC. I miss the old way of doing an update.zip on my Droid