Anyone getting a new Galaxy S3 Thursday or Fri?

mdwright1032

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine from Sprint's retention department. Called them because I didn't want to deal with the madhouse of Black Friday shoppers, but I still wanted the phone for $.99 cents. Not only did they honor the price, but they also gave me $25 credit for 4 months because I mentioned it didn't seem right for them to charge me $10/month for premium data when I live in a 3G area. And on top of that, they waived the activation fee and gave me free overnight shipping. Sprint's customer service is bar-none if you know the right area(s) to call.

I do not have 4g in my area. What numbers did you dial so I can fight this as well. I'm being charged and not receiving 4g. My 3g is slow here

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I do not have 4g in my area. What numbers did you dial so I can fight this as well. I'm being charged and not receiving 4g. My 3g is slow here

I called *2, option 5,4,5 (i believe) to get to their cancellations/retentions department. The reps in this area have a lot of power to offer discounts, credits, etc. without needing management approval, with system restrictions of course (I'll explain later). But keep the following in mind - they hear people griping all day, every day about wanting to cancel for one reason or another so you need to play your cards right. Be courteous to the rep and most importantly - PLAY DUMB!

When I got the rep on the line, I asked her how long it takes to transfer your phone number over to another carrier if you want to cancel your service (obviously making her think I was dumb by asking that because we all know it's called porting, and isn't up to your current carrier lol)... She answered my question and then asked the million dollar one - why I was considering leaving? I told her what I said in my previous post and that's when she made her retentions offer.

I'm sure everyone's mileage will vary with this. There are a lot of variables involved when it comes to their retention offers (ie. length left of contract, how long you've been a customer, payment history, etc.) and the system does limit what they can/can't offer people, so if they don't give you what you are asking for that could be why. One thing I've learned in my dealings with Sprint is that you never want to say that they offered this to someone else and question why they aren't offering it to you, because 9 times out of 10 they will note it on your account and you'll be forever disqualified from any retention offers... Just ask them what they can do and they'll tell you. They make commission on retentions so they are just as motivated to give you something that'll keep you around than you are. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884