Anyone know how can I remove the Flipboard "System App" please?

Federico G

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Search for: "disable-my-magazine-samsung-galaxy-s5" . There is a simple solution. I wanted to put a link but i dont have permission to do it.

C Benham

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S5 and this was driving me crazy - I did some research and found an article by Kris Carlon talking about this issue in the Galaxy Note 4 and it worked. The answer is so simple.

From any other home screen not containing Flipboard, simply find a blank space and "long press" to bring up your Home Screen Management page. At the bottom you'll see an icon for ''Home Screen Settings'' on the right. Press this and you'll see the check box for Flipboard Briefing. Uncheck it and you'll lose the Flipboard Briefing screen and have endless scrolling enabled by default. It's that simple to bring back too if you ever decide that you need the annoyance. Thank you Kris Carlon for this fix.

PS: If you ever want to get rid of all of the "busy screens" offered on the Galaxy S5 just check your photos. Every once and a while you will find a dark or solid colored photo. Just use that for your background and suddenly you have a nice clean screen to work off of. CB

Khady Ndiaye

May 18, 2015
Visit site
As, the others said, you can't delete it, but you can disable it, and you can also prevent it from popping up when you slide to the right by
1. press and hold the screen until a menu pops up.
2. then press the home screen/homescreen editing menu
3. uncheckthe my magazine.

I don't fully know if it will work on your phone, but it did on my s5 and my mom's Note 4

anon(9246304)

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing what you're referring to, but I don't see anything earlier in the thread that discusses being unable to disable Flipboard--only being unable to uninstall it. In the Settings>Apps menu of stock Android, if you select a preinstalled app, I'm not aware of a "Turn off" button. It's either Uninstall, Uninstall All Updates, or Disable. It's true that certain system apps and bloatware won't allow the user to Disable them (Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus comes to mind), but it seems quite odd to me that Flipboard cannot be Disabled. Of course, I don't have a Note 3 myself, so I can't say for sure.

I was able to on my GS5. ..just hit apps (the rubiks cube looking) button ,the settings, aplications, application manager, swipe over to all, scroll to flipboard, Uninstall updates,force stop then disable.... it took the button off my screen.

Paul Tracey

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've neither found the Flipboard app in my all apps list nor is it in my disabled list. Having the same problem, whish somone would nuke Flipboard off android.. ok how do I post screen shots to this website ?? I can not even figure out this webpage out either. I need assistance. Flipboard wants to update. But I don't use it and can't figure out where the app is either. I have a note 5. Had the note 3, 4 gs3, and my girlfriend had a ghetto galaxy. Some crap low budget one, not a real galaxy but it had Flipboard on it is my point. This current phone I can't deal with the "update all" feature, which I need at this point, having 800 or so apps. The note 5 come pre-installed with 300 to 400 apps, 90 % are not usable but they do need updating time to time.. I don't have the luxury any more to install 30 to 50 updates a day individually, I need to use update all, I have the stupid apps I don't want disabled. However flaipboard, (who ever invented this app should be beaten to death in front of his family) or who ever invented this complex issue should be flogged haaaaaaaaaaard...

So now that we have a rotten corpse on are hands to make a statement, that says, don't **** with us consumer's, and make are **** work right. Let's move on..

I can't simply update all. And I dont have the time to hit update on every individual app?? How are we going to fix this? How can I post screen shots like other people did on this forum? The option. Just isn't here???

BruceR62

May 5, 2015
Visit site
The problem is, after 6.0 update its no longer behaves like a widget, and it takes up an entire desktop screen. Unstoppable, imovable. Disabling in App settings has no effect :(

amphids

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
As already mentioned earlier in this thread, that still doesn't allow one to disable Flipboard. There is a "Turn off" button but it's grayed out and pushing it does nothing. Even pressing "Force stop" doesn't enable one to disable Flipboard. It seems like rooting is the only way to truly get the job done.
I completed the disable process but still get automatically sent email notices. How do I stop Flipboard in disabled mode to stop sending me daily news update notices?

mahash max

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
If you are a rooted user, yes you can uninstall system applications. But, if you are not, you can only disable (some of them). there is an another solution to avoid and block the system apps using the Internet anonymously, by using an app with ip tunnel or a filter based firewall [ i'm using netguard by Marcel Bokhorst( developer) ]. Flipboard app without internet, is still like a dead app, no worries. Or, other sollution is just root your device...

spikey27

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
C Benham: I just got my first "smartphone" (S7) and am quickly realizing why the phones rather than the users have that designation.
'nuf of that. I tried what you said, and it seemed to work. I'll know soon enough tomorrow after it has an opportunity to reset.
Thanks for the tip.

Steven Hood2

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Flipboard can be uninstalled. They sent reply emails to mine saying you could only disable. Well I started thinking well how can they control comments on their articles. I then went on their political forums and gave my view and the insults would flow,and I'd make mine worse. I also gave information easy proven then asked if them to think about why they didn't know. That's what worked for me. I'm tempting to factory rest my phone just to see but as of now swipe left get a message at bottom of screen reading to app installed. Seems fitting that you can get away frim them but they can you. True liberals

BLP913

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
My problem with the whole issue is why can't we remove these apps? It is my device, I should have some say so over what apps I want or don't want. I bet if you took all your disabled apps and removed them you could free up at least a few gb of storage and also increase the speed of your device significantly because it wouldn't be haven't to operate around a bunch of files and apps that are just sitting there collecting dust. Just like old Christmas decorations they are taking up useful space that could be utilized so much more productively