Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on 4/1 and got an email within minutes. I got the $99 bundle in addition to the S8+. I called them and confirmed my order.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the s8 on the first day with the $99 package. On April 2 I cancelled the order and created a new order for the s8 plus. They told me I'll still get the new order on April 20.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the s8 on the first day with the $99 package. On April 2 I cancelled the order and created a new order for the s8 plus. They told me I'll still get the new order on April 20.

Nice. Hopefully that's true. I ordered once from Samsung and didn't have the best experience. Especially when it came to returning the note 7 last year.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense considering the display for the 5.8 model is thinner than a 5.1 S7. The stretch will cause migration to larger sizes to regain the portrait space back.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I mean this isn't the iPhone 7. I also doubt they will run out of stock like Apple does. One good thing about Samsung is generally they produce enough devices to go around. I sometimes think Apple does that on purpose.
The apparent issue is the bottleneck of yielding the 10nm 835 chipsets. There have already been articles stating the yield efficiency from wafer production is probably not efficient enough to cover sustained higher demand now.

14nm to 10nm is a more complex process with more wafer scrap.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my T-Mobile order today and ordered via Samsung.com

Hopefully not too late to miss out on the first batch. Still website says order by 4/17 to get on 4/20. Let's see if they are estimating demand correctly and have enough units to fulfill all the pre-orders.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I cancelled my T-Mobile order today and ordered via Samsung.com

Hopefully not too late to miss out on the first batch. Still website says order by 4/17 to get on 4/20. Let's see if they are estimating demand correctly and have enough units to fulfill all the pre-orders.

Why would you cancel your tmobile order and order from samsung.com?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a FedEx shipping notification from Brightpoint N. A., If it is from Samsung and it delivered on 4/13 that will be 8 days for the Official Launch date.

xstation

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I just checked FedEx delivery manager and I too have a shipment from Brightpoint coming. Expected delivery 4/15/17 signature required. Awesome!