Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My mom says her credit card hasn't been charged by Samsung yet, But I got a package in transit from them which is one of the free gifts likely. Should I be worried something is messed up with my order?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My mom says her credit card hasn't been charged by Samsung yet, But I got a package in transit from them which is one of the free gifts likely. Should I be worried something is messed up with my order?
Well what does your order status say on Samsung website? Does it say preparing for shipment?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Just has the invoice info but I do have the free speaker thing being shipped. I ordered as a guest though so I can't view it via my sansumg account.

Btw I just called Samsung about it and everything is okay. they have a hold on the credit card right now and once they are ready to ship it it will be charged. The man said April 17th the phones will be shipped and we should have them no later than the 20th.

So hang in there just a few more days.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just like the Note 7 pre-order (the one you said no more pre-orders on :p ) you don't need to worry. You're reading way too much into it. Just sit back, wait, and it'll come.

Last edited:

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
mine showed up today also, i placed my order through samsung on April 1st. I know this is not a rational feeling on my part, but Samsung may have just made a customer for life of me (yes i am that easy).

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
does it show on the first page, and when did you order?
Yes, just like in the screenshot you posted. But it has no status, so I was hoping that by clicking that link you highlighted I'd get more info, but the page that comes up says "no orders" for each of the three categories.

I didn't order until April 4, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Either way I'm not worried, it'd just be nice to see the "preparing for shipment" stuff. Or any status message at all.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
mine showed up today also, i placed my order through samsung on April 1st. I know this is not a rational feeling on my part, but Samsung may have just made a customer for life of me (yes i am that easy).
Nice... I'm not expecting this free gift since I placed the order on April 11. My original order of March 30 had PayPal issues and had to cancel it. But you never know it may show up later in the week or next week.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Yes, just like in the screenshot you posted. But it has no status, so I was hoping that by clicking that link you highlighted I'd get more info, but the page that comes up says "no orders" for each of the three categories.

I didn't order until April 4, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Either way I'm not worried, it'd just be nice to see the "preparing for shipment" stuff. Or any status message at all.

did you get a confirmation email from samsung after you placed your order?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
After the Note 7 debacle, seems less would buy direct or third party. The return problem threads of discontent for those sellers were epic in hugeness. Seems carriers or BB is best bet for at least semi humane support.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
After the Note 7 debacle, seems less would buy direct or third party. The return problem threads of discontent for those sellers were epic in hugeness. Seems carriers or BB is best bet for at least semi humane support.

that was a 100 year flood type of situation, i have no worries.

For my note 7 i ordered that through verizon and that was no picnic trying to return and or exchange so there really is no foolproof path here. Just roll the dice and hope for the best.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
that was a 100 year flood type of situation, i have no worries.

For my note 7 i ordered that through verizon and that was no picnic trying to return and or exchange so there really is no foolproof path here. Just roll the dice and hope for the best.

True. Tmobile was a nightmare for me as most know here. To the point I was ready to get the attorney general and local media involved. Plus the $20 fee is the reason why I ordered via Samsung this time instead and take my chances.

I've heard a lot negative stories about returning the Note 7 at best buy and Target as well.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Unless they ship your phone out a day late... then Pitch forks!!!! hahahaha :p

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards