Anyone see a working S7 demo model in store yet?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Supposed to have some Best Buy stores with demo models in today and then some carrier stores Friday. Anyone see one in person at a Best Buy yet?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone see a working demo model in store yet?

I want to check it out in stores soon...

562dope562

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone see a working demo model in store yet?

Yes I did and is really beautiful device both black and silver!!! It seems snappier then the note 5. Love the camera.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to a best buy during lunch and saw the S7. I think they are supposed to be at all Best Buys that have a Samsung area.

I remember going last year and looking at the S6. The S7 is very similar to the S6 but there are some things that were nice changes. The changes with the curves on the phone make it feel really nice. Also, it definitely runs really smooth. I remember checking out the S6 in Best Buy last year and there was some stuttering. The screen still looks amazing and it seemed brighter. The security cord attached to the phone was very short so I wasn't really able to take pictures except for up close of the things on the table. At least in that scenario, I don't think there is a noticeable difference with the S6. Touchwiz doesn't look like it had very many changes. The most noticeable was the color of the notification shade. At first, I thought it was ugly but I started to like it.

In my opinion, if you are in the market for an android phone and IF the battery life is significantly improved, the S7 is definitely a winner. Awesome display, great camera, smooth operation, and potentially good battery life. That is hard to beat. With all that said, I'm still on the fence on whether I should pre-order or not. As nice as it is, it isn't leaps and bounds better than 2015 flagships.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to a best buy during lunch and saw the S7. I think they are supposed to be at all Best Buys that have a Samsung area.

I remember going last year and looking at the S6. The S7 is very similar to the S6 but there are some things that were nice changes. The changes with the curves on the phone make it feel really nice. Also, it definitely runs really smooth. I remember checking out the S6 in Best Buy last year and there was some stuttering. The screen still looks amazing and it seemed brighter. The security cord attached to the phone was very short so I wasn't really able to take pictures except for up close of the things on the table. At least in that scenario, I don't think there is a noticeable difference with the S6. Touchwiz doesn't look like it had very many changes. The most noticeable was the color of the notification shade. At first, I thought it was ugly but I started to like it.

In my opinion, if you are in the market for an android phone and IF the battery life is significantly improved, the S7 is definitely a winner. Awesome display, great camera, smooth operation, and potentially good battery life. That is hard to beat. With all that said, I'm still on the fence on whether I should pre-order or not. As nice as it is, it isn't leaps and bounds better than 2015 flagships.

Waterproof and Doze in Marshmallow and bigger battery. Much better than 2015

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If you notice the screen fash at all on the demo units, it is to help prevent screen burn in.

I can't wait to check out the S7 in person

Posted via the Android Central App

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I Just checked them out at a local Best Buy. They are extremely nice. I'm glad I did because I was considering the silver but light reflects off the top and bottom silver metallic color big time and it will be super annoying for me in the sun or under bright lights, reflecting right into the eyes. Upgrading from S5 to black S7 edge

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I almost feel the same way. After I actually got to hold it, it didn't seem much different. I know there are quite a few changes, but I went away feeling meh. I still ordered the S7 Edge through Verizon. But not sure I would keep it. It just didn't wow me much. I think I need more hands on time with it. I went to local Best Buy.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
What color is the notification shade? One of things I dislike about the Samsung phones is the current blue color. Curious what they did.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
What color is the notification shade? One of things I dislike about the Samsung phones is the current blue color. Curious what they did.

You do realise that you can change the theme from the Samsung theme app. There's plenty of combinations to choose from.

dreaming of electric sheep

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have one in hand now. Any questions? It looks just like the S6 but in hand, you can feel the difference with the curved edges. Camera is much better. I can't really tell if the speaker is any louder

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Went and checked it out at Best Buy today. They are gorgeous ! The screen is amazing. The camera is amazing. It feels awesome. I LOVE the actual black color. Really liked the edge. I think I'm going to ditch the iPhone for it !

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Today was the day they should have been put up on display,So pop in and check your local Samsung experience shop.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
My local best buy had them, I was able to check them out before pre-ordering the edge. One of the samsung guys was nice enough to let me play with one that didn't have the security cable attached and it made a giant difference in terms of how much it felt like it weighed.

Overall the phone was really incredible. I wish I could have messed with the camera a bit more, but it was really good. I tried our the auto-focus and it was really sweet how quick it would adjust between near and far. The edge features were pretty cool, will have to see how much i use it though.

March 11 can't get here soon enough!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC