Anyone undecided about the S6?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Picked a case? Or is your beast going commando?

Looking at spigen neo hybrid and iluv gel (thinnest they have) so far. The iluv because I had one on my old school iPhone 4s and loved it. I really want to keep it as thin as possible. Would love to go commando, but I'm just not that lucky (ps. I have kids lol).

Posted via Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Anytime. I'm of the mindset that Samsung raised the bar so high this year the only phone that may out perform this is the Note 5. You made a good choice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sounds great, but my experience with the Note 3 made it clear it's just slightly too large for me. I now know that I prefer one handed use. The Note series is awesome though for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about the Note as well. I like the size, just aesthetically I think it looks bad.

I wish I could get an HTC body with an iphone camera and stockish Android. If it wasn't for ios and iTunes I would absolutely have a 6+ right now.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
As I posted in the tmo SG6. I checked both versions at BB and i didn't like how the frame doesn't match/pair with the rest of the phone. It's so different from the rest of t shiny phone. The whole point of the phone is its design and it doesn't look right. Only 15GB left in the 32 version. No pics or music. No for me :/ Nice keyboard tho, heading to xda to check if anyone was able to fetch the apk.

Actually there is 25 gig left so your wrong there and the phone is supid fast the camera is the best of any phone I know and the build quality is top notch

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
They aren't really that mixed, though. It's about on par with the S5. Is the battery life spectacular? No. Is it enough to get most people through a day with moderate use? Yes. The S5 didn't/doesn't have bad battery life at all, but it wasn't/isn't Note 4/Droid Maxx quality. The S6 won't be, either.

Really you guys want to compare the gs6 battery to the note hello people there two different phones the battery on the gs6 is on par with the gs5 which is better then most phone on its category it should last all day

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still undecided but need to test it for myself, when I'm back from vacation it will be released here in Canada to test.

Im sold on it because of the camera and screen. I'm unsure because of the TW mostly, battery is important but anything will be better than my Nexus 5 lol.

Surprised no one has uploaded videos of the S6 running Google Now launcher...would like yo see the limitations and if there's any improvements.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't know who he is, but I played with the both the S6/s6 Edge in the BB stores, for a bit and left happy with the results. I surfed the web, took camera shots, just messed around. Maybe he got a pre-production or something that wasn't right who knows. But I read a bunch of reviews and watch a bunch of videos about hands on. I don't take one positive or negative comment as the end all be all. You buy, you have 14 days to return it and pay a $35 fee to me that's enough time. I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't know who he is, but I played with the both the S6/s6 Edge in the BB stores, for a bit and left happy with the results. I surfed the web, took camera shots, just messed around. Maybe he got a pre-production or something that wasn't right who knows. But I read a bunch of reviews and watch a bunch of videos about hands on. I don't take one positive or negative comment as the end all be all. You buy, you have 14 days to return it and pay a $35 fee to me that's enough time. I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.

Thanks so much for posting this comment. Read the reviews and take their conclusions in context with a keen eye on the timing as firmware versions could be an issue, network or carrier issues could be involved as they wanted so badly to be the first US carrier out of the gate, the reviewers tone and objectivity, and device setups. Watch the videos with the same caution. No one review should taken as gospel especially with these factors in mind. The MOST important thing to do is rely more on your own personal experience. Carrier stores and Best Buy, for the most part, should have models to test but keep in mind, these are demo units. Once you decide to purchase, most carriers have a buyers remorse period.

If, after all this, you decide not to go with either GS6 variant as they don't meet everyone's needs, great for you. Then and only then, post your comments on why in a way that doesn't come across as rant similar to the expandable storage and swappable battery posts early on. I want to be very clear that NOT all of those posts were rants as reasoned and calm arguments were raised but I AM referring to the ones with sarcastic hostility that either with no first hand proof and just plain bias as well as relying solely on the review that suited their POV trying to silence anyone that didn't agree with them. Vote with your wallet and not with vitriol comments.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So I watched the AC Podcast this morning and while I wasn't surprised, it was definitely disappointing. Everyone can have an opinion and I'm not worried about someone being "meh" about a phone as they seem to be about the S6. The fact that they touched on the battery pretty extensively and made zero mention of the obvious issue with WiFi/standby is just lazy. This phone technically hasn't launched yet and there's clearly an issue with the battery, but they reviewed it and discussed it as if there was nothing wrong. While I'm not a fan of battery tests, the fact that GSMArena received a retail unit (not sure of the variant) and saw a fairly large improvement is enough of an indication that the results over the past week were probably not everything the S6 can do.

I'm glad these forums provide a platform to share these things with everyone because some may be on the fence about buying a phone and information like this is important.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I only need 9-10 hrs of battery life on most days for my phone. After that time, I'm driving home from work and I can use my car charger. I don't need 12+ hrs each day, so if the S6 can last 9 or 10 hrs then I'm good. Having the fast-charging feature is good too for a quick charge up when the S6 falls pretty low.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I watched the AC Podcast this morning and while I wasn't surprised, it was definitely disappointing. Everyone can have an opinion and I'm not worried about someone being "meh" about a phone as they seem to be about the S6. The fact that they touched on the battery pretty extensively and made zero mention of the obvious issue with WiFi/standby is just lazy. This phone technically hasn't launched yet and there's clearly an issue with the battery, but they reviewed it and discussed it as if there was nothing wrong. While I'm not a fan of battery tests, the fact that GSMArena received a retail unit (not sure of the variant) and saw a fairly large improvement is enough of an indication that the results over the past week were probably not everything the S6 can do.

I'm glad these forums provide a platform to share these things with everyone because some may be on the fence about buying a phone and information like this is important.

Whats the difference between the gsmarena device being a final retail unit , isn't T mobile one that pbeople are actually buying one also?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Take a look that DetroitBorg review video and he even uses a TMO device. He is so through and objective. He does a fairly good disinterested review spending very little time on the two hot button issues. Note 6gb came loaded on the device! that's 26gb free. Less than five seconds on battery. Comments are in the flow of the video and aren't so prominent that any bias really shows through.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.

Same here, returned Moto x 2015 due to unacceptable camera performance. No restocking fee. I too will look at Motorola again if/when they make a good camera phone.

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Really you guys want to compare the gs6 battery to the note hello people there two different phones the battery on the gs6 is on par with the gs5 which is better then most phone on its category it should last all day

I have the GS4, is the GS 5 battery life better than the GS4? Hope the S6 battery is better than my S4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000