Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Left my phone at home walked to the store made a purchase with my Gear S3 walked back home once the watch reconnected via Bluetooth to the phone SP updated with notifications.
The cashier also asked about the watch ⌚, I wear it on my left hand 🖐️ so I half to reach over the Cc reader but it it was on your right wrist nobody would even notice you making a payment
I'm wondering what would happen if I used the watch, got back to my phone, and the bank declined it 🤔

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use Spay so much that I also hate to use my physical card. The other day it did not work at the DMV and another store that I've used it alot with no problems. They had the chip. It's been so long since I've used the chip that I've forgotten it took so long.
I hate asking "do you insert it and they either say "yes or "no that's not active you slide it".

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That's strange because I have really good success with it in stores but I've never been able to get it to work on vending machines.
Really, not on vending machines? Are you holding it there long enough? Mines great with those but I did have problems at the road bike store because they had this quirky little box shaped reader that kept throwing error codes SO I had to use the plastic. Also the self serve car wash does like it either lol.

The s3 watch works everywhere as the phone does so I'm loving that.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got the max transactions for the month it's either 50 or 55. Wish it was unlimited. Cashed in for a $20visa reward earlier in the month
7955302cf2b2821a0c5c9c4471249390.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering what would happen if I used the watch, got back to my phone, and the bank declined it 🤔
I think it would decline right at the register. It doesn't need data to transact, just to update on the system. I bet it preauthorizes.

Odd thing with some places where I'm at: Heinens grocery I must use as credit it won't gpnthru as debit with cash back, but everywhere else will. Country Fair gas only goes thru as debit not credit .

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I think it would decline right at the register. It doesn't need data to transact, just to update on the system. I bet it preauthorizes.

Odd thing with some places where I'm at: Heinens grocery I must use as credit it won't gpnthru as debit with cash back, but everywhere else will. Country Fair gas only goes thru as debit not credit .
How do I get it to go through as credit? It never asks.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it enough to make 20 purchases a month. If it wasn't for buying the 8+ I don't think I ever would have made it to 3000 points. Lol
I have received more points this month than I have over the past year thanks to their purchase an S8 special going on. First month ever I have went past the 50 transaction limitツ

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't used it, even though I've thought about it, primarily for two reasons:

First, I use a Discover card a majority of the time, and I see they STILL aren't working with Samsung Pay yet.

Second, I hate to end up "that guy" that does something different and ends up holding up a line at a checkout. Amazingly, as long as these types of mobile payments systems have been out, I've still yet to see anyone pay for anything, anywhere, using their phone, which seems mind boggling. Not like I live out in the boondocks, either.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Costco couldn't fool the gas pump with a fake card and using SP had to break out the debit card//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/3550b314c4ea5a00cf3415010295c82a.jpg
I have seen this at my Costco gas station and always wondered, isn't using cellphones near the gas filling pump illegal? Unless Costco has some sort of safety measure built into their gas pumps I wouldn't remotely try using mobile payments near it.

Looks like Costco hasn't activated it yet:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SamsungPay...o_gas/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have received more points this month than I have over the past year thanks to their purchase an S8 special going on. First month ever I have went past the 50 transaction limitツ
Yea it was a really nice perk getting the S8+ and the bonus points😃

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Really, not on vending machines? Are you holding it there long enough? Mines great with those but I did have problems at the road bike store because they had this quirky little box shaped reader that kept throwing error codes SO I had to use the plastic. Also the self serve car wash does like it either lol.

The s3 watch works everywhere as the phone does so I'm loving that.

Yes, I've tried holding it for a long time and I've tried multiple times on different vending machines and I used my watch and Spay did not work.

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I always run it as credit... Can you run it as debit and use your debit card pin? I assumed there was no pin associated with the virtual card that Samsung pay generates...

On another note, had my first real failure today. As others have noted, apparently it doesn't work at Lowe's. I used it, it said "waiting on cashier" then I looked at her screen and it was displaying the last 4 digits of my card number...

I told her "it says waiting on cashier"
The cashier said "oh, we don't accept mobile payments. They don't work on our system"
I said "My card number is displayed on your screen right now..."
Then she cancelled the payment and said "yeah, it doesn't work though"

*Shrug*

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I always run it as credit... Can you run it as debit and use your debit card pin? I assumed there was no pin associated with the virtual card that Samsung pay generates...

On another note, had my first real failure today. As others have noted, apparently it doesn't work at Lowe's. I used it, it said "waiting on cashier" then I looked at her screen and it was displaying the last 4 digits of my card number...

The cashier said "oh, we don't accept mobile payments. They don't work on our system"

*Shrug*
Mine works at our local Lowe's. I've used it there several times.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

*Shrug*
They don't know. Half the time we are the ones to train them. CVS actually had their tap and pay option removed but Samsung Pay works there with ease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia