Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I got into an argument with the store Pandora on Sunday because they won't accept wireless payments at all. I have a call into corporate about it. And their CC payment machines even have the damn wireless logo on it. They state it's a 'corporate policy' yet no one can explain why.

They "have" a cc machine and they're arguing with you? Have you tried to pay with your phone/watch?

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I had my phone fail on me again. I tried using my debit card as debit at Lowe's, Walmart, and Pizza hut, and it failed all three times. When I used my credit card, it worked fine.

What's the deal? Both of those cards use chips. I don't like using my credit card a lot.

I'd like to figure out why my debit card won't work.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. :D I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.
Tried at Walmart today. New to Samsung Pay, so may have done wrong but kept beeping and said can't read card.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tried at Walmart today. New to Samsung Pay, so may have done wrong but kept beeping and said can't read card.
I did have that error at sams club. The on where I live has the same terminals as Wal-Mart. I had to make about 6 attempts before it would work. Also at the bike shop I ended up having to use plastic because their little reader just wasn't taking it. With those two specific spots in mind, it has worked everywhere else I've tried without a problem. Gas stations, grocery, Starbucks, subway, fast food, pet stores, dollar General, and so on.

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I went to get groceries today at Safeway. I go to check out and hold my phone up to the card machine thing. The cashier says "Oh, we don't accept apple..." *BEEP* "...pay?" Then she looked really confused as the receipt printed out. 😂😂😂

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
So anyone got a clue as to why my debit card gives so many issues with Samsung pay?

From what I gather, it won't work because it needs to have the chip inserted, which when holding the phone against the reader, it's reading it as a swipe, not the chip.

I don't see why when they upgraded all this stuff to chip readers, they didn't include tap to pay as well.

Would have made things a lot easier.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went to get groceries today at Safeway. I go to check out and hold my phone up to the card machine thing. The cashier says "Oh, we don't accept apple..." *BEEP* "...pay?" Then she looked really confused as the receipt printed out. 😂😂😂
I get a kick out of that phrase when they say it. Well, of course you don't take Apple this is Samsung (internal thought)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So anyone got a clue as to why my debit card gives so many issues with Samsung pay?

From what I gather, it won't work because it needs to have the chip inserted, which when holding the phone against the reader, it's reading it as a swipe, not the chip.

I don't see why when they upgraded all this stuff to chip readers, they didn't include tap to pay as well.

Would have made things a lot easier.
What bank do you have. I have chase which is a chip card. I have zero problems. Out of tons of places there were only 2 that didn't work and it was because of the poor quality little card reader. Works at all the terminals with the insert chip here thing as they have the slide as well.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
What bank do you have. I have chase which is a chip card. I have zero problems. Out of tons of places there were only 2 that didn't work and it was because of the poor quality little card reader. Works at all the terminals with the insert chip here thing as they have the slide as well.
Credit union. Probably the issue. I have Chase accounts, I could just swap things around, but it's kind of a hassle.

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
My bank of America chipped debit card has been working flawlessly.

Also, in regards to all the debate about Walmart... I used Samsung Pay there yesterday with zero issues.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I keep trying to use it but keep failing. IDC anymore lol.

When you use your debit card, do you enter your pin or no?
It's the exact same process as using your card, instead of insert or swiping just hold to the middle part of the card reader then choose your preferences on the cc reader for debit or credit

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
It's the exact same process as using your card, instead of insert or swiping just hold to the middle part of the card reader then choose your preferences on the cc reader for debit or credit
I never get an option for credit, it always asks for my pin. So far, debit hasn't worked.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I never get an option for credit, it always asks for my pin. So far, debit hasn't worked.
The terminal should ask for your pin but you should have an option to either hit the green circle or the red X2 processes credit I have done it both ways because sometimes I like getting cash-back with my purchase

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried to add my cc to Samsung pay , but it wouldn't accept it. The bank is on the list but I guess the type of card is not. Bummer.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
The terminal should ask for your pin but you should have an option to either hit the green circle or the red X2 processes credit I have done it both ways because sometimes I like getting cash-back with my purchase
Usually mine just pops up asking for my pin number.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe