Anyone waiting for v50? What is your wish list?

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I am waiting for v50 and what I want to see is:

-8GB ram
-no notch or at least ability to hide it
-Morroccan Blue color (also on phone edges)
-4000 mah battery
-as much improvements from v40 as possible and no downgrades
-reasonable price

I hope LG comes through.

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't wait, and personally am just frustrated that it seems like very few have been sold, as there is so little discussion about it on here and XDA. I know the price was a big issue for many, but it really wasn't out of line compared to other flagship phones to me. It's annoying that so many review sites complain about phones not being better than competitors - if it's just as good, why isn't that good enough, then let preference be the deciding factor? I'm not sure that's totally on topic, but my point is mainly why isn't the V40 good enough? You could wait forever, because the next phone will always be around the corner. Posts asking for very specific specs are, just ridiculous to me, as if that person has the answer that manufacturers won't think of.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Why? Can you explain your accusation? I assure you I have no intention to troll nor have I become a trusted member by troling. The Samsung Note10 already has a subforum and a V50 can't have a topic? I prepare much in advance what phone I will buy. I got sick of Samsung. So what is wrong?

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Why? Can you explain your accusation? I assure you I have no intention to troll nor have I become a trusted member by troling. The Samsung Note10 already has a subforum and a V50 can't have a topic? I prepare much in advance what phone I will buy. I got sick of Samsung. So what is wrong?

Hey, notefreak, dont worry about those people, they might be having a bad day or something. I'm kind of in the same situation as I am still using a V20. 5g capability would be a major consideration for me, even though I live so far out in the sticks that it will be a while before 5g rolls out in my area.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on a V20 and holding out to see if the design ever moves back in the right direction (removable batteries, metal or even plastic bodies, bezel, no notches, lcd screens [or at least fix the burn in tendencies of AMOLED], etc. So basically my V50 wish list would be the same as my V40 and V30 wish list: V20 design with updated specs.

Stereo speakers would be awesome too.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This post seems trollish... Or... From a very young person...

Who knows.. But it does seem a bit premature. First. There is not a huge gain from 6 to 8 in ram. I doubt you would see much if any performance gain, especially once Pie is released.

The notch is here to stay. It can already be hidden in settings.

As for comments on the phone itself has LG ever gotten good reviews from all the Apple and Samsung fan boys? You can find some great positive reviews if you ignore certain people or groups that slam the V40. Plus I here V40 sales were great over the holidays. They ran a lot if sales and I am kicking myself for being impatient and ordering day one again. I could have saved $200 or more.

I also doubt you will see a huge battery upgrade as I get the same battery life with this as I did with my V30 and they claim it will improve with Pie as well.

What downgrades has lg done? I suppose that's subjective. Some lined the V20 second screen (I never used it). I did like the swappable battery but it took two batteries to get the life I get with my 40 and previously V30. Battery life was horrendous on the V20.

Prices are not going to drop for Flagship phones. The best bet, as I complained about above, is to wait for sales. Do not buy day one.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Who knows.. But it does seem a bit premature.

Notefreak is a trusted member of the site. To be included in that group, you have to have a squeaky clean history, be active/engaging, and be helpful. So it's safe to say this wasn't meant to be a troll post.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Notefreak is a trusted member of the site. To be included in that group, you have to have a squeaky clean history, be active/engaging, and be helpful. So it's safe to say this wasn't meant to be a troll post.
That's cool. As you see I said who knows.. I also answered him. I still think it's premature to be talking about the V50.

It is tough to see someone's meaning in words. Me saying who knows is more of a who cares comment. I personally dislike labeling anything as trolling unless it is obvious they were trying to cause an issue which this post was obviously not doing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If someone wants to talk about what they would like to see in the next LG phone all is fair. Probably better suited in the rumoured devices section but I'm not even sure a V50 is a rumour yet.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on a V20 and holding out to see if the design ever moves back in the right direction (removable batteries, metal or even plastic bodies, bezel, no notches, lcd screens [or at least fix the burn in tendencies of AMOLED], etc. So basically my V50 wish list would be the same as my V40 and V30 wish list: V20 design with updated specs.

Stereo speakers would be awesome too.
I had to double check that I didn't make this post myself. I agree 100%.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Who knows.. But it does seem a bit premature. First. There is not a huge gain from 6 to 8 in ram. I doubt you would see much if any performance gain, especially once Pie is released.

The notch is here to stay. It can already be hidden in settings.

As for comments on the phone itself has LG ever gotten good reviews from all the Apple and Samsung fan boys? You can find some great positive reviews if you ignore certain people or groups that slam the V40. Plus I here V40 sales were great over the holidays. They ran a lot if sales and I am kicking myself for being impatient and ordering day one again. I could have saved $200 or more.

I also doubt you will see a huge battery upgrade as I get the same battery life with this as I did with my V30 and they claim it will improve with Pie as well.

What downgrades has lg done? I suppose that's subjective. Some lined the V20 second screen (I never used it). I did like the swappable battery but it took two batteries to get the life I get with my 40 and previously V30. Battery life was horrendous on the V20.

Prices are not going to drop for Flagship phones. The best bet, as I complained about above, is to wait for sales. Do not buy day one.
I get 5 hrs SOT with my V20 and oddly I've gotten about 5 hrs SOT with every phone I've tried.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Bigger battery. Better cameras, and the ability to switch to and from the wide angle camera during video recording and I'm happy. Of course keep the receiver as mic feature, water resistance, wireless charging. Ok fine I wish for the return of the ir blaster but I know better.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with my V40. I think my next V upgrade will be the 2nd gen 5G phone, so probably the V60 or V70.

Same with me, I'm very happy with my V40. I don't even want to think about the V50 or beyond lol...

I know it's "chic" to get all excited about what's next and so forth, but I'm really getting into the V40 and discovering all it can do. With past devices I would "rush" my way through them, looking towards the next upgrade.

I'm taking my time with this device and enjoying everything I discover. Besides, 5G, 8,10 gigs of RAM, new processors speed, etc... when will it be enough.

I'm gonna slow it down and enjoy this device.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I did not jump on the V40 train, although I was standing on the platform. I was (am) waiting on a bump in main storage, say at least 128gb. My V30 gets everything done that I need but is starting to fill up. Yes I have an SD card but programs seam to run better from onboard storage.
I had asked if there was going to be a V45 (more storage) but no one knows.
I do like notefreak's original questions and for the most part agree.

Lateck,

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I do agree that they should have a higher storage option, just for the sake of being competitive. That said, 64GB is twice the internal storage of my last several phones, so I have no complaints about storage personally. The SD card support is nice to keep my music, photos, and videos out of main storage.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
The V50 needs to have a much more premium feel to it. I love my V40 but it's very lightweight and just feels very cheap in comparison to an IPhone, Note, or Pixel. It's basically a Stylo 4 with flagship specs.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The V50 needs to have a much more premium feel to it. I love my V40 but it's very lightweight and just feels very cheap in comparison to an IPhone, Note, or Pixel. It's basically a Stylo 4 with flagship specs.
What you call cheap is by design. There is nothing cheap about the way LG builds their phones, with all glass sandwiched with lightweight alloy. Do not expect newer phones to be any heavier.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Note 9 feels very similar just wider.. I thin a 4.5 will come out with 5g once 5g starts rolling out. It will probably have more onboard storage but not much else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835