Anyone with Toggles and Watch Styler apk files?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
...still not appearing in my gear manager app store in utilities...all or new. ATT GS5 Northern Cal. Neo.

Posted via Android Central App

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Never mind. I found it on gearfaces.com. It installs on the phone but not into gear manager to be applied to the watch.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Yup, even with unknown sources checked. Anyone got the latest apk? Anyone explain why some of us can't see it in apps?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
From a thread on xda developers, it seems to be a certificate signing issue that hasn't been resolved for all phones. Ugh. Apparently the Gear Manager app store and GM itself is still a little bit broken. :(

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone that wants to extract their apk from the app with a simple apk extractor app and send it to us? :) Maybe the apk from a phone will install more readily?

On the bright side, we do have a map for commuting in Athens. I should be able to use that daily in San Francisco...

Last edited:

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that wants to extract their apk from the app with a simple apk extractor app and send it to us? :) Maybe the apk from a phone will install more readily?

On the bright side, we do have a map for commuting in Athens. I should be able to use that daily in San Francisco...

At first I was VERY excited. Then I realized it was Athens, Greece, not Athens, Georgia.:D:D:D

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think a phone factory reset would just be a waste of time?

I do think it would be a waste of time. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Gear Manager and gear stuff and that didn't help. Doing a factory reset on the phone is more pain than I care to inflict on myself at this point. Everything else about the phone is fine, so I suspect its in the gear app and store. I also note that some time when i check for updates, the "purchased" option is not present. Sometimes it is. Further evidence to me its a Sammy problem.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be a Neo/GS5 issue primarily...here anyways. I went to best buy and paired my watch with a phone that had ALL the apps and was previously paired to a 2. After pairing and reopening the Samsung app store, the watch styler, toggles, and so on magically disappeared. It looks like certain apps are only signed for the Gear 2 and not the Gear 2 Neo. Lame.

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
No, not on the neo.

I have a Neo and I have WatchStyler and I can see Toggler in the store. I have AT&T, kitkat & I'm on the East Coast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
So much for that theory. Why some and not others? Anyone up to extracting the apk for us?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Update: interestingly enough, if your phone has been paired with a watch (non neo) that previously did/does show the watch styler in the Samsung Apps...for example a Gear 2 and your Galaxy S5 and the app is then purchased/downloaded officially with your Gear Manager and a backup was created in Gear Manager settings, you may remedy things. When that Gear 2 is unpaired, and a (your) Neo that has been reset is then paired to Gear Manager on your S5 and the restore check box is checked during initial setup, the backup will load things up and watch styler will remain on your device/show up in clocks on the home styler page. I imagine a simpler fix will be released soon. Loading the gear faces watch styler apk onto an S5 paired to a Neo will likely do nothing besides allow you to create faces that cannot be loaded onto the watch. Watch styler must be downloaded from the Samsung Apps tab for things to work appropriately.

Last edited:

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an S5 and my girlfriend has an S4 we both have the gear 2 neo, we have everything updated we are both in Midwest both on Verizon but she has more apps available on her gear store than I do doesn't make any sense to me!

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. Totally bizarre. Try what I referenced above with your S5 and a Gear 2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos