Apple: Get A Life!!!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What kills me is when people say that Google copied Apple on voice dictation/voice search..

Did we all forget that Google had 1-800-GOOG-411?

Does anyone know WHY they had it and WHY they killed it off? Google saw the writing on the wall for voice search.

For YEARS they used special algorithms to harvest how we search and speak to perfect voice dictation/voice search. All this years before SIRI was even around. All this before the iPhone was around.

GOOG-411 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business model

Google had stated that the company originally implemented GOOG-411 to build a large phoneme database from users' voice queries. This phoneme database, in turn, allowed Google engineers to refine and improve the speech recognition engine that Google uses to index audio content for searching.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What kills me is when people say that Google copied Apple on voice dictation/voice search..

Did we all forget that Google had 1-800-GOOG-411?

Does anyone know WHY they had it and WHY they killed it off? Google saw the writing on the wall for voice search.

For YEARS they used special algorithms to harvest how we search and speak to perfect voice dictation/voice search. All this years before SIRI was even around. All this before the iPhone was around.

GOOG-411 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've actually heard the opposite, that apple copied Google, since Siri was released.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the same thing and apple should just face it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

The funny part is that I don't think I ever heard apple say that they invented it or were the first to have it. They've always billed it as a different kind of voice input, which it sort of was compared to voice actions. The only people I've heard go that far with the hyperbole have been apple fanboys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
"Picasso had a saying: ?Good artists copy, great artists steal.? We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas?" ~Steve Jobs

The words of Ol' Wormy seem truer every day.