Apps worth paying for?

A

AC Question

So I just received a promotional gift of £50 Google Play Credit for buying my Nexus 6P a while back. Struggling to see any apps worth using the money on in the Store but may just be blinkered after years of using free versions.

Any advice on where to spend this credit? Movies/books are a no go as I Netflix everything anyway.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree. A Better Camera is worth it. Especially with how great the Nexus camera already is.

Posted via the Android Central App

What makes it better, out of interest?

To those recommending ES File...are you aware that it has serious security problems? That if granted internet access ES is sending your info to Chinese servers?

Also, have you noticed it getting a little buggy lately?

This, removed it as soon as that was disclosed, using Solid ever since

Last edited by a moderator:

huffcs

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Another one I've had so long I forgot it was purchased:
Informant by WebIS -- great calendar (multiple &/ shared)/Google Task/Contacts/Notes manager

Pauli Heinonen

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Every icon pack by stealthychief to go with nova prime

Every app by chainfire

Rom toolbox pro
PowerAmp
HD widgets
Pocketcast
SkipLock for devices that are running kitkat or older android version
NFC ReTag

Hooman Tooba1

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I use money for Apex Launcher Pro, I prefer Apex to nova but one of them is a must to every android user
then I paid money for games and books. didn't need any other pro app till today.
since my country is sancked and I cant stream vidoes or musics, so I use torrent to download them

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Awallet Cloud is a password app which links with drive
Floatify pro gives you better heads up notifications
Unclouded let's you link all cloud storage accounts to you can manage them in one app some cool features like duplicate files also let's you view files on device and SD card

Android Fan check my G+ appygeek collection +ericmccrory

anon(654396)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you do with your phone, here are the apps I feel worth paying for:
betterbatterystats - if your battery drains for no reason, this is a perfect place to start looking
mx player pro - I like the UI, better than free alternatives out there
pocket casts - the only app to listen to podcasts with pleasure
powerAmp - oldie but goodie, I do use 3rd party skin to mask it's ugly native UI though
relay pro - best reddit reader for me
sd maid pro - cleans Android like no other, very reliable
tasker/secure settings - must have for tweakers
solid explorer - no other Android file manager comes even close, make sure you get the material version
titanium backup - another must have for tweakers
tweetings - edged out fenix as best twitter client for me, fenix is still worth paying for though
weathertimeline - for weather apps, this one beats others to the punch
auto sync google drive/auto sync dropbox - sync google/drive or dropbox folders to your android
f-stop gallery - more feature rich than others I've tried
GMD Gestures - allows me to do anything on android with gestures
turboscan - if you ever use your phone camera to scan docs, receipts, this one is better than others

JoelRoxx

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I would highly recommend XCOM Enemy Within, its kinda pricey but i would bet anything tyat you wont be upset! The game has very high graphics with a intense story line and logic that I have never seen before! There is singleplayer and multiplayer (but you need Google+)

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
No proof, just paranoia. It's a Chinese company therefore it is going to steal your data. It adds a folder called Baidu to your SD card that has nothing in it. It's for the Baidu search engine in China. This topic has been run round and round and it's either paranoia about a Chinese company that doesn't charge for an awesome product, not taking a chance, or the no proof and it's been around and trusted for a long time and google would do something about it crowd.
BTW, they have a pro version now $2.99.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
turboscan - if you ever use your phone camera to scan docs, receipts, this one is better than others

Interested in this app. I have used CamScanner in the past w much success. Evernote scanner is horrible. Have you ever compared turboscan w CamScanner? I may switch. I use it primarily for receipts but use it for other items as well.

gergyhead

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
eweather HD. Best weather app in my opinion.

1password is the best I've tried. Purchased a multi license in sale and then sold a couple off

Last edited by a moderator:

huotg01

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Action Launcher, Pocket Casts, Falcon Pro 3 for Twitter (make sure you can get a token though). Also, if you drive a decent bit, you might find AutoMate useful (the premium version is an in-app purchase, I believe).

In order to use Falcon 3, we have to pay, and then pay again, and then pay again. I did bought The Falcon Pro, then the Falcon Pro 3 and now that I change my cell phone I will have to pay again to re-install it. And there is no support. The developer never answers questions. Am I right ?

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
In order to use Falcon 3, we have to pay, and then pay again, and then pay again. I did bought The Falcon Pro, then the Falcon Pro 3 and now that I change my cell phone I will have to pay again to re-install it. And there is no support. The developer never answers questions. Am I right ?

I don't recall having paid repeatedly - pretty sure I paid just once. I just changed my phone, and did not pay again - Google knows which apps you have paid for, so you only have to pay once and you can install the app on multiple devices.

Support is a different issue - the developer went through a lot of trouble dealing with Twitter's token limit, and I guess he is not actively working on it anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais