Are a lot of Verizon launches a mess?

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Nothing against Verizon. I have been with them for many, many years and I love the service. But I am beggining to notice a trend toward launch failures. I had sat through the mess for the Omnia 2 over a year ago and recently experienced it again with the Thunderbolt. Now it is the Samsumg Charge. I mean, seroiusly, to have the whole 4G network go down the day before a scheduled launch is a real cluster *&%$. I would think that a huge company like Verizon could get a phone launch right by this point. Hey with the XOOM they lauched a device you will have to mail back to get 4G. I mean come on, they really need to get their act together. It seems like the other carriers announce a phone's launch date months ahead and it either launches on that date or before it. Verizon announces it a few days before and it is still a mess. I know that other carriers launch buggy phones sometimes but look at the current Verizon buggy releases. I hope they get themselves together otherwise if ATT can improve the coverage, next time they may be a competitor.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
All launches are pretty much he same. All phones launch with bugs and every network has gone done at one time or another.

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
want some cheese with that whine?

4G network going down the day before the Charge it not really their fault it is? Sh*t happens, they quickly managed around it.

Not sure what you mean about the TBolt being botched up, they released it when they said they were going to.

cridley66

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
All things have some challenges when first launched. It's not Verizon, Sprint, AT&T (well, Maybe AT&T) or any other carrier. Things are not always going to work 100% perfect at time of launch. We would like for them to be but that's not always the case.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nothing against Verizon. I have been with them for many, many years and I love the service. But I am beggining to notice a trend toward launch failures. I had sat through the mess for the Omnia 2 over a year ago and recently experienced it again with the Thunderbolt. Now it is the Samsumg Charge. I mean, seroiusly, to have the whole 4G network go down the day before a scheduled launch is a real cluster *&%$. I would think that a huge company like Verizon could get a phone launch right by this point. Hey with the XOOM they lauched a device you will have to mail back to get 4G. I mean come on, they really need to get their act together. It seems like the other carriers announce a phone's launch date months ahead and it either launches on that date or before it. Verizon announces it a few days before and it is still a mess. I know that other carriers launch buggy phones sometimes but look at the current Verizon buggy releases. I hope they get themselves together otherwise if ATT can improve the coverage, next time they may be a competitor.

Do you have any conception of how complex their new network is? I was shocked it didn't go down EARLIER than now. You do also understand that Verizon's LTE network is one of only a handful that are currently active, don't you?; its going to have issues as they continue to build out and ramp up service.

You also have to understand how bleeding edge the phones themselves are. Right now, they're at the mercy of first generation radio technology, coupled with a very complex network infrastructure. Verizon is playing it safe and choosing to put out phones that will provide a good experience instead of phones that with multiple issues. I'd prefer a handset that has the ability to switch from 3G to 4G without hiccups, or a phone that doesn't reset itself anytime it leaves the 4G area, instead of one that does but came out earlier.

Verizon hasn't bungled anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjay