Are the S5 earbuds that came with it any good or is it crappy like iPhone's?

Bayarea13

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a setup for my computer with headphones, dac and amp that costs around $1,200 but I'd like to listen to my S5/music when I'm not at home. Just wondering if the earbuds that came with S5 are any good.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I never open the headphones that come with my phones because I have amazing Bose in-ear headphones that I use 100% of the time (and also because I like all my accessories to be unopened [including the charger and USB cable, if possible] to increase the resale value); However, from what I've read, the Galaxy S5's included headphones are unanimously crappy. It also seems to be the general consensus that the EarPods that come with the new iPhones are decent, not great, but better than the S5 headphones. The best included headphones that you're going to find are the Harmon Kardon headphones that come with the black and gold Harmon Kardon edition of the Sprint HTC One M8.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Good not great but it's free so can't exactly complain. I wouldn't say Apple's EarPods are crappy but just poorly designed.

I also don't got out and spend $100, $200, $300+ on EarBuds or Headphones. These stock buds are good enough for me personally.

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Good not great but it's free so can't exactly complain. I wouldn't say Apple's EarPods are crappy but just poorly designed.

I also don't got out and spend $100, $200, $300+ on EarBuds or Headphones. These stock buds are good enough for me personally.

Nothings ever "free" lol. But I see your point.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the Samsung ear buds. I find them uncomfortable to wear and they aren't loud enough. I think the Apple earphones are better but I prefer to use my own.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. Am I the only one who thinks the buds that come with the GS5 are actually pretty decent?? I'm not an audio aficionado or anything, but they're as good as anything I've ever bought.

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The S5 are pretty good actually. Much better than the ones on iphones. Better fit for my ears too.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Still in the package, I never use ear buds. always use bluetooth with my trucker's headset. far better and more comfortable.

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the ear buds are great, but then again I can bring myself to spend more than 20 bucks on buds that I will break or lose.

Free is relative.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to clarify are they the standard Samsung ones? The same ones that come with the note 3 and S4 or have they improved them?

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a setup for my computer with headphones, dac and amp that costs around $1,200 but I'd like to listen to my S5/music when I'm not at home. Just wondering if the earbuds that came with S5 are any good.
I don't like them at all. I went and bought the following Motorola Bluethooth headset. The sound is really good as is the clarity of the sound when talking to someone. Here's the link:
Amazon.com: Motorola Buds SF500 Universal Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tested them out and put them away in the box. Compared to my Bose IE2 they sound terrible and are uncomfortable.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
They are great as free headphones as good as any sub $50 dollar pairs you would buy, way better than apples and much improved from the early galaxies. Nothing special but no glaring weakness or issues

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the ear buds are great, but then again I can bring myself to spend more than 20 bucks on buds that I will break or lose.

Free is relative.

Great point on how easy it is to break and lose them. I probably broke & lost 4-5.

Also whenever I sell/upgrade I never include them so I have 5 pairs as a back-up. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golferchick