Are you going to buy a Nexus 6?

Will you be purchasing a Nexus 6?

• Total voters

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 has the tiny sim card,( I had to trim down the one my Galaxy Nexus had) so it should work in the 6 I'm assuming.

Sent from my Note 2

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My Note 2 has the tiny sim card,( I had to trim down the one my Galaxy Nexus had) so it should work in the 6 I'm assuming.

Sent from my Note 2

I think it varies depending on where you are located. It's been a while, but I don't that my shipping was more than $15, very rough estimate, probably not even that much

Posted via the Android Central App

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
What's good about the s pen, just seems long to pull out a pen and use it rather than just use your finger

To me, the only thing that is good about it is that it reintroduces the old school, and more precise, stylus design. I just wish more 3rd party vendors made some.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it varies depending on where you are located. It's been a while, but I don't that my shipping was more than $15, very rough estimate, probably not even that much

Man I wish shipping was free. The price plus tax makes this phone expensive as it is. But who am I to complain? Im getting this beast regardless. Haven't been this excited for a phone for a long time.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Man I wish shipping was free. The price plus tax makes this phone expensive as it is. But who am I to complain? Im getting this beast regardless. Haven't been this excited for a phone for a long time.

Look at it this way, Amazon was selling the 16 GB Nexus 5 for the same price as the 32GB version

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Shipping is free at Motorola.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If buy one of I didn't have my Xperia z2. Looks like it will be a cracking phone to be fair. Shame about the price. The best thing about nexus was the price.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
64GB Blue. The only complaint I have about the phone is it does not come in black. So blue it will be. Motorola built phones are hard to beat for hardware quality, batteries, and radios. And if what has been rumored about the camera being better than expected in conjunction with the software in Lollipop, this may be a really epic phone. Very excited and will be owning this beast I may call it Xena, the princess warrior. I am partial to naming stuff after women...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah... I am pretty excited about this device... and $15 - 30 in shipping in relation to the cost of the phone isn't that big of a deal.. I'll probably opt for next day for no other reason than just because.......... Probably cost $40 but why not..... Already going to splurge for a $700 phone I don't really NEED just want... Motorola offers free shipping but the bigger question is who's going to ship your device first? Google Play? Motorola?

Decisions, Decisions!!!!!!!!

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I am pretty excited about this device... and $15 - 30 in shipping in relation to the cost of the phone isn't that big of a deal.. I'll probably opt for next day for no other reason than just because.......... Probably cost $40 but why not..... Already going to splurge for a $700 phone I don't really NEED just want... Motorola offers free shipping but the bigger question is who's going to ship your device first? Google Play? Motorola?

I agree. Either tax or shipping will get you. And at the price I am paying, another 20 bucks to ship it overnight is not going to hurt my feeling. Just eat at home a few more nights instead of eating out.... I thought about going through Motorola, but since I have the money, I will go through Play because they are easy to work with if in the event I need service or something goes wrong with the device.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Either tax or shipping will get you. And at the price I am paying, another 20 bucks to ship it overnight is not going to hurt my feeling. Just eat at home a few more nights instead of eating out.... I thought about going through Motorola, but since I have the money, I will go through Play because they are easy to work with if in the event I need service or something goes wrong with the device.

I have the money too so it's not a big deal.... I think some people are making a little too big a deal over shipping cost... the 32 gig after tax is going to probably cost $710 ish and the 64 probably $750 ish..... What's another say $50 for Priority overnight shipping???? I am all for spending as little as possible but at the same time I am more than willing to pay even 2 day shipping for $50 if it means I'll get my product on time or earlier than getting free shipping from another source....

Heck I get free two day shipping on all orders from Best Buy plus the reward zone points on the order (and I have enough points built up I could knock off about $150 on this sucker) but when will they actually have stock????

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Oh and I already sold my Nexus 7 ($120) and I will sell my Nexus 5 shortly after I get the Nexus 6 (should get at least another $250) so that kind of eats up $350 or so of the $700+ on the Nexus 6.....

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Do you know if it will be available for pre-order from Motorola.com? Or is pre-order only from the Play Store?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The more I learn about the N6 and seeing how it can do most of the things the Moto X can with better hardware, the more I feel like I want it, just the size.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if it will be available for pre-order from Motorola.com? Or is pre-order only from the Play Store?

I honestly don't know.... I've just been trying to keep an eye on the play store, best buy, amazon and Motorola..... I know with my Nexus 7, 2013 I was able to order and pick up from my local best buy actually a day before it was officially suppose to go on sale... Not sure if that was a Best Buy mistake or what but I saw it on their website... Ordered and went and picked up two hours later... Didn't show up on the play store until the following day...

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The more I learn about the N6 and seeing how it can do most of the things the Moto X can with better hardware, the more I feel like I want it, just the size.

As a famous philosopher named Nike once said: Just do it!!!!!

I believe that this phone will be incredible. Half because the hardware was made by Motorola and the other half is all the awesome stuff that is going into Lollipop. It would be perfect for me if it has a 64-bit processor. But in this world nothing is perfect.

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Now that it's announced, will you be buying?

I understand that the Nexus 6 will be sold by all the Cellular companies in the US. Does anyone know if all of those phones will be essentially the same phone? Here is what I really want to know...

I am on Verizon, and I assume that Verizon, being the DICKs that they are, will lock the Boot Loader on their version of the Nexus 6. Other Cellular companies will probably not, and Google will certainly not. So if I buy a Nexus 6 from some other carrier or from Google (at full retail), am I getting the same phone, at least in terms of cellular reception, so that I can still use it on Verizon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMY2024