Are you planning to get the Pixel 7?

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
On Black Friday, the Google Store offered enough to cause me to order two Pixel 7 Pro's for Kate and me. The deciding factor was the camera's increased telephoto and the close-up abilities. We use the camera a lot.
Same here, I'm very happy with my P6P, and initially wasn't going to upgrade. However, the trade in deal and the cameras , and now VPN... I caved in and should be receiving my P7P tomorrow....

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
My new Pixel 7 arrived and is up and running. It's much longer than my old Pixel 5. Almost exact same size as my wife's Pixel 5a. Setup and transferring of my data went pretty darn smooth. I did have to login to most of my apps. I let Google install all of my apps and everything went well and is really responsive, snappy if you will. No issues other than the logins having to be redone. Finger print reader on screen can't compete with the rear FPS on the Pixel 5. It does work well with a slight delay in unlocking the phone. The new size will take some getting used to. All in all I cannot complain. With my trade in of my Pixel 5, it will cost me a hundred bucks. That's if the trade in process goes well. Which it should as my P5 is in excellent shape.

Pictures for size comparison. All 3 phones have a Spigen rugged armor case on them. The Pixel 7 is one slippery phone without a case.

Pixel 7 on left, Pixel 5 on the right
IMAGE-1669931797971.jpg

Pixel 7 on left, Pixel 5a on the right.
PXL_20221201_215151552~2.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My new Pixel 7 arrived and is up and running. It's much longer than my old Pixel 5. Almost exact same size as my wife's Pixel 5a. Setup and transferring of my data went pretty darn smooth. I did have to login to most of my apps. I let Google install all of my apps and everything went well and is really responsive, snappy if you will. No issues other than the logins having to be redone. Finger print reader on screen can't compete with the rear FPS on the Pixel 5. It does work well with a slight delay in unlocking the phone. The new size will take some getting used to. All in all I cannot complain. With my trade in of my Pixel 5, it will cost me a hundred bucks. That's if the trade in process goes well. Which it should as my P5 is in excellent shape.

Pictures for size comparison. All 3 phones have a Spigen rugged armor case on them. The Pixel 7 is one slippery phone without a case.

Pixel 7 on left, Pixel 5 on the right
View attachment 350181

Pixel 7 on left, Pixel 5a on the right.
View attachment 350182

Thank you so much for telling us your unboxing and transfer experience AND for showing us the size comparison! People like me who have a Pixel 5 and are deliberating between the 7 and 7 Pro need to see these sorts of photos! Hope you enjoy your new phone!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for telling us your unboxing and transfer experience AND for showing us the size comparison! People like me who have a Pixel 5 and are deliberating between the 7 and 7 Pro need to see these sorts of photos! Hope you enjoy your new phone!
Come on Morty, jump off that fence and do it.. You know you want to!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Morty, if you can get a trade in for 400 bucks on your P5, it's a no brainier. It feels no wider than my old P5 just longer. The P5 is truly a one handed phone. Screen brightness is really good compared to the P5. The face unlock is insanely fast. And I mean instantly. Down side to face unlock, if you have say a weather app on your locker screen, and you have facial unlock on, my weather app won't show on the lock screen. There might be a setting for it I haven't found yet.

The radio on the P7 is much better than the P5. My 5G is now twice as fast compared to the P5. The camera even for a regular P7 is far and above the P5. Oh did I mention the VPN? Yup it's there on my phone but does drop my download speed by about a third. I still had zero issue streaming with it on. Battery life I can't compare it yet to the P5. It appears it will do fine. Oh and it charges fine in my old 1st gen Pixel stand with the P5 power brick connected to it. Glad I didn't buy the new stand or charging brick. Only reason I would go for the P7pro is if I really need the telephoto lense. In my case I have a Nikon D750 for those kind of pictures. Let me know If you have any questions Morty, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty, if you can get a trade in for 400 bucks on your P5, it's a no brainier. It feels no wider than my old P5 just longer. The P5 is truly a one handed phone. Screen brightness is really good compared to the P5. The face unlock is insanely fast. And I mean instantly. Down side to face unlock, if you have say a weather app on your locker screen, and you have facial unlock on, my weather app won't show on the lock screen. There might be a setting for it I haven't found yet.

The radio on the P7 is much better than the P5. My 5G is now twice as fast compared to the P5. The camera even for a regular P7 is far and above the P5. Oh did I mention the VPN? Yup it's there on my phone but does drop my download speed by about a third. I still had zero issue streaming with it on. Battery life I can't compare it yet to the P5. It appears it will do fine. Oh and it charges fine in my old 1st gen Pixel stand with the P5 power brick connected to it. Glad I didn't buy the new stand or charging brick. Only reason I would go for the P7pro is if I really need the telephoto lense. In my case I have a Nikon D750 for those kind of pictures. Let me know If you have any questions Morty, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you so much for your in-depth review! I don't think I'll get much of a value from my Pixel 5 due to the speakerphone issues (though it worked fine just now, when I called my husband). Google Store Canada is offering some hefty discounts -- $300 on the Pixel 7 Pro and $150 on the Pixel 7 -- so it's been hard to resist! We'll see what the future holds! I'm also looking at colour options LOOL.

That's interesting that you mentioned that radio/download speed is faster. My speeds are lower at work because of the building's design. I'm curious if a Pixel 7 device will perform better. Do you have any experience with your Pixel 5 and 7 in low-speed areas?

I will let you know if I have any further questions!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is this is the LAST time I order a Pixel device at full original price. Lately these Pixel phones get such significant discounts or great trade in options shortly after their release that they are not worth buying at full price. Just look at Swappa, there's tons of Pixel 7 in new condition ranging from $400 to $500. Next time I will wait.

Aside from this, I love this phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is this is the LAST time I order a Pixel device at full original price. Lately these Pixel phones get such significant discounts or great trade in options shortly after their release that they are not worth buying at full price. Just look at Swappa, there's tons of Pixel 7 in new condition ranging from $400 to $500. Next time I will wait.

Aside from this, I love this phone.

Yes, the trade-in deals or deals in general are huge!

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If anyone wants a referral code, PM me, we each get $100 in Google Store credit. It does not mean you get $100 off the purchase price.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants a referral code, PM me, we each get $100 in Google Store credit. It does not mean you get $100 off the purchase price.

This is a great deal, and is stackable with other promotions, trade-in, etc. You get a code after about that gives you $100 towards a future purchase (though the code is only valid through September 30, 2023, so wouldn't likely be applicable towards a Pixel 8 / 8 Pro.

I likewise have a referral code available, if Patchs code is already used and he's on the cooldown waiting for a replacement (usually about 24-48 hours).

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This is a great deal, and is stackable with other promotions, trade-in, etc. You get a code after about that gives you $100 towards a future purchase (though the code is only valid through September 30, 2023, so wouldn't likely be applicable towards a Pixel 8 / 8 Pro.

I likewise have a referral code available, if Patchs code is already used and he's on the cooldown waiting for a replacement (usually about 24-48 hours).

Still have it, no one wants them anymore it seems, lol.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Still have it, no one wants them anymore it seems, lol.

The phones are still all great values versus their respective competition, so for those who decide to pick one up even absent other promotions it makes sense to use them. I've helped a couple of people since the end of the sale.

The mad rush to get them to use in conjunction with the BF/CM promos is over, but the codes will be available to be used through next summer - and, while I'm not really anticipating one, it wouldn't surprise me too much if we were to see another sale for the upcoming holidays (though one would need to start pretty soon to be able to have any success with the days until and shipping time for those holidays rapidly diminishing).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The phones are still all great values versus their respective competition, so for those who decide to pick one up even absent other promotions it makes sense to use them. I've helped a couple of people since the end of the sale.

The mad rush to get them to use in conjunction with the BF/CM promos is over, but the codes will be available to be used through next summer - and, while I'm not really anticipating one, it wouldn't surprise me too much if we were to see another sale for the upcoming holidays (though one would need to start pretty soon to be able to have any success with the days until and shipping time for those holidays rapidly diminishing).

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another sale, as well. Still trying to figure out when to take the plunge.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been thoroughly impressed with my pixel 7 Pro. It was a transition from Samsung but well worth it. I can't see myself buying another phone and I've said that many times before but this time I feel like it's real

I also have a Google code if anyone needs it to get that $100 off just send me a message´

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been thoroughly impressed with my pixel 7 Pro. It was a transition from Samsung but well worth it. I can't see myself buying another phone and I've said that many times before but this time I feel like it's real

I also have a Google code if anyone needs it to get that $100 off just send me a message´

A good running pixel has a way of becoming an addiction :p

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've also been very much enjoying my P7P. I also have a code if anyone wants to use one. Send me a message.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 7 and 7 Pro are back on sale! Same offer as the Black Friday sale. My code is up for grabs...

I obtained a new Pixel 7 I got through a trade in with Google with the intention to resell but with all these constant sales it's impossible! Google just wants to give these phones away this year! I can just imagine Oprah "and you get a Pixel 7, and you get a Pixel 7, and YOU GET A PIXEL 7, PIXELS FOR EVERYONE!".

Again in the future I will not preorder any Pixel. Just wait until black Friday and the holiday season. Some on Swappa are selling dirt cheap brand new.