Are you satisfied with your Pixel 2XL

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Half way through the year are you still happy with your Pixel 2XL?

I am not. I purchased two of the 128 gig models.

Currently, I am on my third replacement phone.

I've had problems with the proximity detector not working on two of the original purchases, second phone not charging and the Bluetooth not working right.

Ultimately, I'm disappointed in the poor build quality and horrible refurbished replacements.

What are your experiences?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am so sorry for your horror story. I have had a brilliant experience. No screen issues, works flawlessly, camera is great. Best phone I have ever owned and it still delights me. Put it onto P Beta and it is running better than ever.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had it since release day on Verizon. Been loving it every day. Even when the new phones came out I have no urge to leave it.

I love my Pixel 2 XL (128 GB). :).

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm happy enough but mine is getting slower to unlock when using the fingerprint sensor. when there's been a period of inactivity of around 20 to 30 minutes, it can take well over 1 second to unlock. not much but very noticible. it's a small thing but it's a fault and I can't stop noticing it now

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since early December. Am I satisfied? Certainly. But a better word would be delighted. Or pleased.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a fingerprint sensor failure early on, but everything has been great with my replacement since then. Any electronic device will have some low percentage of failures. Unfortunately you and I drew a short straw. I will say that I'm now more than satisfied and my Pixel 2 XL is the best phone I've ever owned. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy and satisfied with my Panda Pixel 2 XL as well .

Also happy with Android P running so well this early in beta testing

:D

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It's ok. The screen really isn't that good. The colors are washed and the extra color modes don't help. the fingerprint reaction has been slow for me over the last several months. the proximity sensor is slow to wake the phone up. The charging is too slow.

the cameras great and the software experience is very fluid. solid batter life

I do like the camera

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's ok. The screen really isn't that good. The colors are washed and the extra color modes don't help. the fingerprint reaction has been slow for me over the last several months. the proximity sensor is slow to wake the phone up. The charging is too slow.

I do like the camera

Surprising because I don't run saturated and it looks fine and saturated looks too bright to me. I'm also not having any slow downs.

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Picked my up from Verizon last November, couldn't be happier. No issues with the phone.
(the zagg screen protector is another story.. poor fitment..)
Best phone I have owned to date..

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I do like the camera

I agree with Mike Dee. I've now had my Pixel 2 XL for six months and I'm not seeing any slowdown.

I'm an ardent photographer and I can't stomach the garish over saturation that attracts most of the public. The natural color of the Pixel 2 XL is close to being real-world accurate and definitely isn't "washed out".

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Never been more satisfied with a phone. Being able to run new versions of Android right away keeps the experience from getting stale and keeps me from even caring what other phones are being released.
On a side note, did anyone else get into a Google research study recently? I'm a few days in and if i make it through the whole study I'll get $295 that I'll put towards the pixel 3.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Never been more satisfied with a phone. Being able to run new versions of Android right away keeps the experience from getting stale and keeps me from even caring what other phones are being released.
On a side note, did anyone else get into a Google research study recently? I'm a few days in and if i make it through the whole study I'll get $295 that I'll put towards the pixel 3.
How do you sign up for that?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

That's a sweet one .. I did one in March and got $75 ... $295 towards a Pixel 3 is a sweet deal!

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I am not happy about is the missing headphone jack. The dongle/USB-C port has issue detecting headphones. I've tried four different dongles/three different earbuds and no luck. They all work fine on my backup Pixel 1. I end up getting a pair of Bose wireless. I already have a good pair of $100+ earbuds and have to settle for pricey Bluetooth.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I am not happy about is the missing headphone jack. The dongle/USB-C port has issue detecting headphones. I've tried four different dongles/three different earbuds and no luck. They all work fine on my backup Pixel 1. I end up getting a pair of Bose wireless. I already have a good pair of $100+ earbuds and have to settle for pricey Bluetooth.

I think what's really happening is the dongle isn't being detected, however the end result is the same. A simple reboot takes care of it for me. It used to happen to me on occasion but it hasn't happened recently so maybe an update fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George Brian