Are you still sticking with your 2014 Moto X?

Are you sticking with your 2014 Moto X?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how many people are sticking with last year's model (or even the 2013 version). I considered picking up the new X Pure, but it's just too big. I love the size of the 2014 X, and the placement of the dimple. The lesser camera is a suitable trade-off for me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Pure myself, so now I am using the Moto X Pure as my work device and Nexus 6 as my personal device.

Nachodroid

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how many people are sticking with last year's model (or even the 2013 version). I considered picking up the new X Pure, but it's just too big. I love the size of the 2014 X, and the placement of the dimple. The lesser camera is a suitable trade-off for me.
Same as you, had both in the house and the pure (x play) went back.

Gesendet von meinem XT1092 mit Tapatalk

fairsailing

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I just bought brand new 2014 x's. Great phone for the price and the perfect size. Would not want anything bigger. The red football leather is actually very nice over at Verizon. Very satisfied.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I still have mine but the battery needs replacing. Has anyone replaced it themselves? There's a YouTube video on how to do it but I'm not sure if I should try it myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I still have mine but the battery needs replacing. Has anyone replaced it themselves? There's a YouTube video on how to do it but I'm not sure if I should try it myself.

Will Motorola replace the battery?

---

I am on the fence about upgrading, but I'm not considering the larger X.
Waiting for news about the Nexus 5.
Maybe the iPhone 6S Plus.
Maybe just use the X 2014 another year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I snagged a Moto X PE to update my Moto X 2014.I'm also using the PE along side the Nexus 6 .I still am keeping my Moto X '14 btw

Sent from my Nexus 6

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 2014 Moto X Pure Edition. The new one is to big and isn't that much faster than the old one. https://youtu.be/c3Cjs1ANtWo

The Snapdragon 801 is still a great processor in late 2015. Its predecessor, the Snapdragon 800 is still a great processor today, and it debuted all the way back in early 2013. I really do think mobile processors reached a plateau around 2013, where once you have a "fast enough" processor, any gains in processing power give diminishing returns for every day usage.

Unless we see a dramatic change in Android that requires large amounts of processing power, I think the Moto X 2014 will still be "fast enough" for years to come.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I retired my 2014 Moto X with the new 2015 Pure Edition and am loving the Pure, but the 2014 is an awesome phone. I had only one nagging complaint about the 2014 and that was the camera. I just couldn't live with it any longer. Otherwise, has to be one of my favorite phones. I still have it along with my 2013 Moto X, which I trot out from time to time when I want a smaller phone. Just can't part with any of them.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I retired my 2014 Moto X with the new 2015 Pure Edition and am loving the Pure, but the 2014 is an awesome phone. I had only one nagging complaint about the 2014 and that was the camera. I just couldn't live with it any longer. Otherwise, has to be one of my favorite phones. I still have it along with my 2013 Moto X, which I trot out from time to time when I want a smaller phone. Just can't part with any of them.

Yeah, the camera is my biggest sore point of the 2014 X. I've gotten some great shots with it, but I've also missed several because it didn't focus correctly, or the shot just looks bad due to low light. Still not enough to make me give it up, though.

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. The lack of simultaneous data and cellular, a feature that was promised to this phone 'soon' after launch (a feature from 2012 btw) has me bailing for the new Nexus as soon as it is available on verizon.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely waiting until the 2016 edition and hanging onto my X for another year. It works great, and I've had some big expenses this year that would make it unwise for me to buy a new phone.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I moved on to the Moto X Pure. Loving it so far. Really enjoying the larger screen and it doesn't feel too much bigger, to me at least. It is significantly heavier, though. Also, for me, battery life is much, much better with the Pure. Also loving the camera. The 2014 was a really good phone but I'm happy with the switch.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Doug Shavers

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Just sent my MXPE back today. Gonna see what the nexus is about. But my 2014 is still going strong as my daily driver.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm still happy with my Moto X 2nd Gen, however some of the newer phones are tempting like the Pure Edition and Nexus 5X/6P.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Sticking with my 2014 Pure, probably at least thru this time next year. Won't want a bigger phone then, and I hope at that time there's a new Moto X or Nexus that fits me.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sketch232