Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but I figured it's probably useful to have here, too; I got to play with an Incredible today at a Best Buy store, so I can say a little bit about it just from the few minutes I had:

Yes, the phone is lighter than you'd probably expect it to be, but it's not even close to feeling cheap or "too light". In fact, the phone feels awesome! I didn't get the "cheap" feeling that some people have mentioned, noting seemed loose or creaky, and the weight it did have was evenly distributed. Nothing felt out of place, but the device I was using did have a screen protector so it felt a little weird. Also, the ridged back is way less noticeable in person than in the pictures, and it's actually wonderful to hold compared to a flat surface. The phone is surprisingly thin, both in the hand and just looking at it, and it's way more apparent when you see the phone in real life compared to the pictures. I originally thought the stylized back cover would be a bad idea, but after seeing it in person I'm of the opposite opinion. The capacitive buttons might as well be physical because they responded perfectly, haptic feedback and all, as well as being evenly and brightly lit. The optical trackpad threw me off at first, simply because of the lack of physical movement. I accidentally brushed it once or twice in the first 30 seconds of handling the phone, but once you realize it's there it's pretty much the same as having a trackball. I'm pretty sure I saw where the notification light is (up next to the earpiece) but the unit was just for playing around with so I didn't see it in action or if there are multiple colors.
All in all, an amazingly sexy device, something you MUST see in person to really appreciate. Pictures definitely don't do it justice. I also played around with the camera for a bit, and it's pretty nice from what I could tell in-store. One thing that I didn't have time to mess with was the tap-to-focus functionality; it worked perfectly, but the camera would take a picture immediately after focusing instead of waiting for the button to be pressed. This was only quirky in that it means you don't really get to preview the shot after focusing without taking a picture. Again, this might be configurable, I just didn't get to mess with it too much.

WaiTec#AC

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else's incredible come with a Green Day album installed? I got mine on the 29th. I got a Motorola Droid on April 3rd so I was able to return it and get a "new" incredible. At least I thought it was new.

PittNet

May 6, 2010
Visit site
We get it ... You guys have questions. First things first: Check out all of our official coverage here. And if you still have questions, ask 'em in this thread, and we'll do a roundup of answers in a few days.

Have you heard anything more on Android version updates for the HTC Inc? I read in several places that it might not get the OS updates the way the Moto Droid does. Since the Droid came out, it's recieved the 2.01 update and the 2.1 update. Will future updates be available for the HTC Inc?

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Found a problem w/ using voice search from the keyboard to find and select a contact/recipient in the Messaging app. Spoke w/ VZW tech support and they pulled a three way w/ HTC rep and ended up filing this as a software problem w/ HTC and VZW.

When using voice search to select a contact in the top box, the persons name appears correctly, all in lower case, w/ a single space at the end and all highlighted in green. When you push enter to search, an error pop up shows "Invalid User". Hit ok to clear the pop up and back space to get to the end of the name. A dropdown of contacts shows the persons name in lower case and in parenthesis a string of numbers that correlate w/ T9 key pad. That is why it does not find your contact. Now below this problem entry you will find correct contacts to select in lower case and caps which you can tap to select.

All being said, we should be able to just press the mic button, speak the persons name, select it then write your message. Just like Gmail does. Any input from the gallery on this? Does this happen w/ other Android devices or Sense UI? this is my 1st for both. I will post this to the issues thread as well. Did not find it on search.

Last edited:

leron86

May 17, 2010
Visit site
how do you turn off the notifications for the native messaging? i downloaded handcent for my gf and both messages and handcent is popping up. she only wants handcent to come in and notify, how does she turn off the notifications messages in the native sms, thanks.

sskassam

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
how do you turn off the notifications for the native messaging? i downloaded handcent for my gf and both messages and handcent is popping up. she only wants handcent to come in and notify, how does she turn off the notifications messages in the native sms, thanks.

in the Messages app, under Settings-->Received Messages, uncheck the "Received notification" box. that way, only Handcent will send out notifications.

Pimpbot

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Headphone problem

I am using regular Sony earbuds but when I plug them in a headset icon appears on the screen. This is a problem because when the headphones turn in the jack it causes the music player to stop, skip tracks, etc.

Anyone having a similar problem or know how to turn off the headset capability?

Thanks.

CHALIE1980

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
wiimote

trying everything to get my wiimote synced to my incredible, i rooted it and installed a few new roms but still no luck, is it possible to sync the wiimote to the incredible and if so can you tell me how and what rom i need, and if possible a link to the rom needed, the last one i tried was cyanogen 2 i believe. thanks for any help in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174