Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

Clarence Esteves

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
i've got my asus fonepad from thailand 4 weeks ago. just this morning i tried to charged it but i noticed that after vibrating for few seconds the battery appears to be charging, after which the battery turns green with a question mark (?) at the center. i tried to power it on but it won't switch on....i have read the suggestion of clarinha, hopefully it will work... you please give me the details on how to remove the back cover? thanks a lot...

e77reyes

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I just had the same issue. I opened the upper case. I charged, when I saw the plain battery picture at the same time fonepad vibrated, I poked the reset button for a couple of seconds. Then I saw that the battery picture has the green moving up indicating that it's charging. It also stopped the repeated process of showing the battery picture. I put back the upper case & charged for 8hours. I turned on & it's fine now.

Luckmen

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
For those removing and replugging battery connector didn't work; Try this..
1) Check the voltage across the battery. It shows nearly zero volts.(optional)
2) Now we have to charge the battery externally.
i) Remove the battery connector
ii) Cut any USB cable. Mostly you'll have 4 cores(Red, Black, Green and white) inside. Leave the green and white cores. connect the red cores to red terminal of battery and black to black.
iii) Connect the USB to ASUS charger and charge for 5 mins. You can check the voltage across the red and black terminals of battery while charging. It would be about 3V.
3) Now disconnect the charger and check the voltage across the red and black terminals. It will show about 3V.
4) Now connect the battery connector to tablet and connect it to a charger. Now the tablet starts with zero battery icon followed by battery charging indication.
5) Charge the tablet for some time and switch it on.
Thanks this worked for me very well

Jerrick Rosales

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, im newbie here... i had the same problem with my asus fonepad. i tried to remove the battery connection but it had no effect at all. when i put back the charger it only powerup and display the battery icon then vibrate then goes off again and again. Anyone had a better idea? PLEASE?

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Is you android tablet/ Asus Fonepad battery completely drained off? Is your tablet not turning ON? Is your tablet not charging? Is your battery showing a question mark?
Solution is simple and easy. Please check the link and like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXLenJaks8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,
Sonali

- - - Updated - - -

Is you android tablet/ Asus Fonepad battery completely drained off? Is your tablet not turning ON? Is your tablet not charging? Is your battery showing a question mark?
Solution is simple and easy. Please check the link and like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXLenJaks8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,
Sonali

sinte

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks this worked for me, but still what I am facing is the tab showing charging progress and for more than 25 minutes I left for charging and then when I wants to power on the tab, it comes back to the similar problem,the tab it shut down. Is there any one who can help me to solve my Asus fonepad problem? Many thanks.

Emy Ashura

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
my battery status is not working so good

Dear stevr. I used my asus fonepad since february.now, im having problem with the battery indicator.

Example : if i charge the fon until its 100%, when i use my fon the battery status will still be 100%. If the battery life last for 13hours, it wont decreased the life although im using fon very much..

Pls do assist as this is my wedding anniversary present given by my husband.. tqvm

fonepad7

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
OMG!!!!! asus fonepad users had many issues and complaints over here... so bad to know :-( unfortunately im also owner of new asus fonepad7 2014, 4.3 android version..hope my device works well :-O

Posted via Android Central App

Robert247

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I didn't understand the 'reply' feature and thought it would be placed under the relevant post

This is the only thing that worked for me - See Balu889's steps to remove the battery and charge it directly to solve the following. If the phone vibrates when you plug it in, then the screen comes on and dies following by it vibrating again, screen coming on and then dying over and over and over then following these steps is the only thing that's likely to work.

Reason being is that the battery is 100% flat. Plugging in the charging cable gets you enough juice to vibrate the unit, turn the screen on and probably NOT enough to switch the logic on where whatever power management can deal with charging the battery while connected through the handset.

Balu889's fix involves charging the battery just enough directly to get over this hurdle then it's business as usual. It's not elegant and you have to take the case off the back but it is effective.

Make sure you don't let the bare wires in the (hacked up) USB cable touch each other when the power is on!

phone.jpg

Last edited:

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Emy, unfortunately i have nothing more than what has already been discussed in this thread. If you have only had the tablet since February then it is still under warranty and your first line of inquiry should be with the seller and Asus. I hope it all turns out ok.

Regina Ramos

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
hi I'm new here and I got this problem in my ASUS FONEPAD it's showing in the screen a USB and a question mark and a quote say's "no USB cable connection" and when I tried to reset it nothings change and when I charge it a android image with helmet show saying ready to download and when its battery run off It can't turn on, can I ask what could be the problem? my father bought it to me last January 2014

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golferchick