Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

Karl Rosenqvist

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem today and nothing has worked but here is my solution:
1. Open the back of the fonepad.
2. Disconnect the battery.
3. Stick two needles into the second outer holes on the battery connector. The one FROM the battery.
4. Hook up two AA batteries in series (+ to -).
5. On the battery connector there should be two red wires and two black wires.
6. Connect the AA's to the needles with the negative(-) to the black side and the positive(+) to the red side.
7. Leave it for five minutes but put your finger on the battery and disconnect if it gets hot. Mine didn't get warm.
8. Remove needles, AA's and reconnect the battery.
9. Connect charger.
This worked for me. The theory goes that the battery is to drained to recharge, LiPo's are like that. This LiPo needs 4.3v charging but a pair of AA's are only 3.5v. They add just enough power to let the battery charge again.

mk6maniac

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
This is well after the fact but it may help others.

Disconnecting the battery does not work if it is really really discharged.

I removed the display connector from the main board (not far from the battery connector on a ribbon cable)

I then plugged in the charger and this time it vibrated twice but did not start looping through the cycle it was going through.

I left it like that for a while and then removed charger, plugged in display cable again, re-connected charger, and this time it vibrated twice, brought up the battery symbol, and then showed the battery charging without powering off at that point.

My conclusion is the display draws too much power when it is really discharged and tried to show the battery charging state, an so it powers down completely again - and the battery never gets enough charge during these cycles to get out of the loop without disconnecting the display

Phaurith Tea

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Dear all,

I have ASUS fonepad K004. It's all show USB logo 20150319_190322.jpg. I try to reset by press Volume up + Power key but still nothing work. But when i plug the usb cable driver found on pc. How can i fix this problem? Please help me

Thanks all i be waiting

OPEL Steven Tan

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
For those removing and replugging battery connector didn't work; Try this..
1) Check the voltage across the battery. It shows nearly zero volts.(optional)
2) Now we have to charge the battery externally.
i) Remove the battery connector
ii) Cut any USB cable. Mostly you'll have 4 cores(Red, Black, Green and white) inside. Leave the green and white cores. connect the red cores to red terminal of battery and black to black.
iii) Connect the USB to ASUS charger and charge for 5 mins. You can check the voltage across the red and black terminals of battery while charging. It would be about 3V.
3) Now disconnect the charger and check the voltage across the red and black terminals. It will show about 3V.
4) Now connect the battery connector to tablet and connect it to a charger. Now the tablet starts with zero battery icon followed by battery charging indication.
5) Charge the tablet for some time and switch it on.

OPEL Steven Tan

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Taking out and putting back the battery connector did not work for my Fonepad 7, despite trying several times.
Followed the advice here.
1. I cut the USB cable from a power bank, and there is only 2 cores (green and white).
2. Pushed the white wire into the "red" and green wire into the "black" at the SIDES OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR.
3. Didn't want to use the multimeter. So just plug to the Asus charger and power up for a few seconds.
4. Removed the white and green wires and put the battery connector back in place.
5. Now the Fonepad can start to charge and display the "battery charging in progress" symbol.
6. Left the Fonepad to fully charge over more than 10 hrs.
7. Now the Fonepad is working well.

Many thanks for all the advices.

Edit : above was following advice of balu889 #41.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny