Asus Transformer with Able Remote

tobor

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just thought some folks might be interested to hear that the Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock works very nicely using the Able Remote app. You can actually use the physical keyboard to type and perform some functions. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to activate the trackpad on the keyboard, but just using the tablet screen works fine--probably better actually.

One odd thing I noticed is that the volume keys on the keyboard (not the rockers on the tablet) actually pulls up the Co-Star's internal volume control. I don't know any way to actually access this any other way on the Co-Star.

I haven't gotten around to pairing the tablet/keyboard combo via bluetooth yet; I'll probably give that a try later tonight and will update this thread if anybody cares.

tobor

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The Transformer tablet with keyboard dock won't pair with the Co-Star in bluetooth mode. They don't even see each other.

Still, using the tablet/keyboard dock combo is an awesome way to control the Co-Star with Able remote. As mentioned earlier, you CAN use the keyboard this way. Plus, Able Remote's customization & shortcuts are even easier to use on a tablet than on a phone. The only thing that doesn't seem to work using the keyboard dock is the trackpad--BUT--you can just use the tablet's screen to activate the cursor. I actually prefer this as the sensitivity is much better than the trackpad on the remote. Plus, having a 10" screen as a trackpad surface makes control much smoother.

Bottom line: if you have a tablet with a keyboard dock you've got a nearly perfect remote control. If you have a tablet you can get nearly the same experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila