AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Decided to give it another try. Ok, I just turned number sync back on for my gear s2. I have the latest update. Screen display is set at 4, location is off, watch face I always use that doesn't cause battery issues, bluetooth is on, and not really using the watch for anything else right now. It's exactly 3:09 p.m. I'll see how much/fast the battery drains.

For those of you using it, did you turn the auto forwarding off for the gear s2 now since well, it really isn't needed?

Doesn't sound like you have the latest update, because ":Auto Forwarding": feature has been removed, because you don't need it if you have Numbersync setup properly and working.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks....after I posted this, I went and looked in the settings and realized I couldn't find it! :) It is gone! Sorry, should have posted that I figured that out. LOL

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so after a little over 6 hours with numbersync, my battery life has went from 74% down to 13% I've had a few text messages and small amount of usage of the watch. 61% used in 6 hours... That's 10% an hour. It's not what I would call ideal but it is better than it was when I first tried numbersync when it came out. Hopefully they'll improve it even more. Going to leave it on for now and see how it does tomorrow after a full charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
True test was this morning for me as I went for my run. I never take my phone because that's what I love about the gear s2....its my phone when I run. When I started the gear was at 99% battery. After less than an hour of running, it was at 49%...it was on cell the whole time. Not cool!!! Before numbersync even with it being on auto forward AND using a Bluetooth headset and using it for music while I run and on cell it would only use about 30%. . Today I wasn't using the headset either nor using it for music. Not cool. I've deactivated numbersync again. My original gear s, the first generation lasted almost my entire marathon last month on cell service. That was almost 5 hours. I doubt this one would last more than 2 hours with auto forward. With numbersync even less. So no more numbersync unless they figure out these battery issues.

jakestgermain

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Someone in the XDA forums said they go NumberSync to work with a Business account yesterday. Has anyone else been able to make this happen? I would try it but I forgot my watch at home today.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
DeepSeaGoddess,

There may be something wrong with your watch and/or the Gear Manager software running on your phone. I have used AT&T NumberSync since it came out in the past few weeks and my battery life has been very good. When I am remotely connected to my Note 5 and have AT&T NumberSync active, my Gear S2 has only been using about 7% battery per hour. When in stand alone mode with my Note 5 turned off and NumberSync active, I have been using less than 5% battery per hour. With my Gear S2 connected to my Note 5 via bluetooth I have been using between less than 1% to 2% battery per hour, depending on how many notifications I receive on the Gear S2.

Since you previously used a Gear S on your phone, there may be software junk left on your phone. When I first paired my Gear S2 to my Note 5, the battery usage was very high even when connected via bluetooth. I deleted all the old data from my phone pertaining to the Gear S and did a fresh install of the Gear Manager, then paired my Gear S2, and have since had very good battery life.

Don't give up hope yet. It may be software issues causing you trouble with the battery life on your Gear S2. It certainly was the case for my in the beginning, which I resolved before NumberSync became available. Since then NumberSync has worked fantastic for me. I no longer have to deal with "failed to forward calls" error messages anymore since NumberSync was activated by AT&T. I hope you are able to resolve this and better enjoy your Gear S2. :)

Clairvoyant

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Agreed!

From the forums and reviews read online, the claims are - the phone will last 1.5 to 2 days with normal usage. But yeah, it did not have any mention of ATT Number Sync yet. Called Samsung and they agree to having it run that long with normal usage.

I got my watch last week and have been testing the battery life everyday.
From what I have observed, the battery lasts around 12-14 hours which boils down to around 7-8% drain per hour.

I have the BT, wifi ON. Also, used as a Standalone for nearly 2 hours everyday with 4G. I was planning on going to an ATT store this weekend to see if they can maybe replace the watch because of battery draining so quick, until I read this forum today !

I will still go and check with ATT as to what they have to say, hope the rep is well versed with the Gear S2. Will update everyone how it goes.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Finally gave up just doesn't work with a phone not sold by AT&T such as the Nexus 6P. Hopefully in the future they'll enable the HD voice and NumberSync.

Did you try turning on numbersync with an hd voice capable phone then swapping the sim back to the N6P? I am hoping to try this with my factory unlocked priv. Hoping they only do the voice check during initial setup.

adyb

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you try turning on numbersync with an hd voice capable phone then swapping the sim back to the N6P? I am hoping to try this with my factory unlocked priv. Hoping they only do the voice check during initial setup.

That's a good idea. Have anyone tried it? They say it's network based feature. It shouldn't matter if your phone is hd voice capable or not.

abasoul

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
just go to the nearest att corporate store, have them activate the watch (mine was gear s2 for att unlocked) then just follow instruction on the website, watch and the phone. You will have to create an account with att numbersync site (this is the key). I just watched the sales guy go through the entire process which took about 20 mins. this was his first try and got it working correctly! i did this about 3 weeks ago and everything should already be in place. i didnt keep my setup as i wanted to keep my metro pcs unlimited plan. good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919