AT&T Note 3: Can't update to official KitKat

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So the KitKat update for the AT&T Note 3 is now rolling out via OTA, and I'm wondering if anyone who ever rooted is able to get the update to install? With the NB4 update I was able to unroot and update, but the same methods are failing for this KK update. Others over at XDA seem to be having problems as well..... If I'm not mistaken, the only people who have updated to official KitKat today are those who never rooted..

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't update to official KitKat

If you're rooted, no need to unroot. Download a kit Kat rom and install it on your phone. With an app like titanium backup you can back up all your apps, apps settings and apps data. Once you install your new rom, restore all your apps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ah thanks, i just wanted to install the official KitKat update that came out yesterday. It turns out there is stuff left over from using Safestrap, xposed, wanam, etc. that the update file doesn't like. Some people are solving it by combing thru their system and reverting every little thing back to stock... Strange that the NB4 update didn't seem to require this tho.

The other solution would be if we had an official NB4 or MJ5 firmware file to use with Odin. We don't have these, but AT&T device support centers, and the Samsung booth at Best Buy do, so taking the device there and having them reflash it is also an option, which is what I did.

Last edited:

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
So you have kitkat installed? Should I go to a support center too? Will this erase all my files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So you have kitkat installed? Should I go to a support center too? Will this erase all my files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have Kitakat now. Yep, go there if you want to get it easily, but yeah, it will wipe your data.

You could also try the thread at XDA called official KitKat update discussion thread, or something like that... Someone has posted instructions somewhere in the thread of all the many things you need to revert in your system for the update to possibly work. You would need root for that again tho, and I guess it isn't even guaranteed to work, since some poele who never even rooted are having the update fail.

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I solved my problem. I traded my note 3 for an iPhone 5S. The android headache is over. Yogi, thx again for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I solved my problem. I traded my note 3 for an iPhone 5S. The android headache is over. Yogi, thx again for everything.

Android headache? In what respect would that be? I see no headaches on Android -

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I solved my problem: I kept my rooted N3 just the way it is, I then, on Monday, purchased another N3 brand new from at&t, and will keep it unrooted, and I did update to KK once I got home, on the new one! :-D Problem solved eh? I have the best of both worlds!!!!

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The note 3 email app would never update. Note 3 autocorrect is straight up retarded. Would correct actual words. Can't update to kitkat. Just too inconvenient. I'm happy I can FaceTime again. Both phones are good just for me personally it was a headache.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The note 3 email app would never update. Note 3 autocorrect is straight up retarded. Would correct actual words. Can't update to kitkat. Just too inconvenient. I'm happy I can FaceTime again. Both phones are good just for me personally it was a headache.

Yawn FaceTime.... Just use Skype or other various apps like it.. I have an iPad and still don't use it and use Skype

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

marcmy1

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
LoL. Nice "solution". Someone tries to help you and this your answer, eh? Typical Apple noob. Why'd you even get an Android in the first place? I mean seriously. Enjoy that 4" screen there buddy, with no widgets, one button for everything and having to sync with iTunes. LOL. Apple is a joke. And your email app not updating and Samsung keyboard correcting words? Most likely user error with this guy. He probably didn't know that apps actually have settings that can be adjusted. Oh ya and FaceTime? Skype has the same functionality as well as several other apps. But I guess you only communicate with other Apple fruitcakes such as yourself. Uninstall life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal