AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Still so torn about updating. I'm worried about so called android update issues. Like problems that for whatever reason require a factory reset. Also app compatibility and battery life. What does lollipop really offer over kitkat? Besides the themes anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If it's 5.0.1, it's not the latest version. There was a 5.0.2 update. Now, the latest version is 5.1. So why is AT&T releasing 5.0.1 and not the latest version?

Posted via Android Central App

Be happy that you are getting 5.0.1 now. It would take another six months probably for them to get 5.0.2 ready and by then, 5.1 will be old.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Be happy that you are getting 5.0.1 now. It would take another six months probably for them to get 5.0.2 ready and by then, 5.1 will be old.

I'm actually on TMO, so I don't have it yet. I was just curious because AT&T will probably have to release updates soon to repair the bugs. It looks like they just want to release something so their customers won't ***** about being the last to get an upgrade. That's why I don't mind waiting for the TMO upgrade, hoping it'll be the absolute latest version.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it doesn't demand a charger, and its not an iPad, so excuse my snarky comment, but it doesn't matter what an iPad does.

Lol I know! It was my mother-in-laws iPad. Every time we go home she somehow manages to change her password from what I set it to last year when I was there and can't remember it. All I know about ios is from helping her with her stupid iPad. I shared the anecdote because it happened to me over the weekend. But I seem to remember my last 2 droids having a similar pop up.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping that the lag is gone and that the Yahoo app works better with Lollipop. Not asking for too much

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Installed, and, for the very first time, MobileIron recognizes a fingerprint scanner on an Android device as a valid security lock.

After years of having to type my password after any 15 minute period of inactivity, I can finally set my phone up to lock immediately and not have to worry about pecking away at a long password again.

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
this was a nice surprise today. hope the update is great! been downloading for probably an hour now, 25% and 4% battery drained with screen off almost the entire time. should be fine without charger if you're not constantly using it.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing a few issues with the AT&T updated. I just received confirmation from AT&T that they are experiencing issues and they recommend waiting until the issues are resolved.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
How does downloading and installing Lollipop effect your launcher? I have Nova, and have not downloaded the update yet. Will it kill my Nova Launcher? or Default it?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing a few issues with the AT&T updated. I just received confirmation from AT&T that they are experiencing issues and they recommend waiting until the issues are resolved.

Welp too late for me now. Optimizing apps now. Now 3:15 so 2.25 hours of downloading, installing, and optimizing. Longest I ever had to deal with.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The issue I have with Nova is the pull down to expand notification doesn't work, which really sucks. Main reason I used it so I don't have to reach to the top of the screen to pull down notifications.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So far everything seems smooth. Got the Google services error and rebooted into the bootloader to clear cache partitions and noticed there some extra options to view logs and enable and disable collecting information. After reboot seems legit. Too early to tell problems.