Atris and skype

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
All,

I am new to Atrix and AT&T and sorry if this was already asked.

Does anyone know if Atrix will support Skype or something similar for video chat? If yes, will it be allowed over 4G?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, and what the folks at Skype has said to me, they are working on a Video Skype version for Android (hense the procurement of Qik). I would expect it to be released to the Android Market by the summer or early fall of this year.

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
qik can be used over 3g/4g/wifi and with it being owned by skype im sure either app will do the job and eventually become one app. I think verizon has a deal with skype so they got the video call ability first or I might be wrong on that...

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
qik can be used over 3g/4g/wifi and with it being owned by skype im sure either app will do the job and eventually become one app. I think verizon has a deal with skype so they got the video call ability first or I might be wrong on that...

i've been able to video call on my iphone for a while now.. so att definitely has the ability.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
only the iphone's skype app can actually make video calls for now. all other skype apps for other phones can only do voice/chat.

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
only the iphone's skype app can actually make video calls for now. all other skype apps for other phones can only do voice/chat.

you can also use tango which is a cross platform app so iphone users and android users can video chat over 3g or wifi. im not sure if fring is android only but I think Qik will be free for andriod and 9.99 for iphone :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC