Atrix Pre-Order Issues

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
just checked my account i was charged for the phone but they said they where not going to charge until it was ready to be shipped. just called premier he told me on the phone they where in their warehouse and ready to be shipped out then he said the phone was in the process of going to their warehouse to be shipped out

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got another of the back order emails. I'm guessing I'll get one every day until it ships (perhaps), but I don't suspect it's due to the fact that they've sold out of their initial run for pre-orders.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received any email to date regarding my order...either that it was placed or that it is backordered. Not sure if this is because I ordered over the phone or what. My order still shows up on my online account that it is "In Progress" and that everything, including the SIM and freight, are "Backordered".

ANXIOUSLY AWAITING!!!

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Jess. Everything showing as processing. The entire order is shown as backordered. I'm spending half my day scanning the web...searching for more info on the phone. Pathetic, but I'm just really anxious to get it and try it out.

edit: I would be pretty upset if the Premier customers got screwed because we placed our orders over the phone and not on AT&T's main website. :-/

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Jess. Everything showing as processing. The entire order is shown as backordered. I'm spending half my day scanning the web...searching for more info on the phone. Pathetic, but I'm just really anxious to get it and try it out.

edit: I would be pretty upset if the Premier customers got screwed because we placed our orders over the phone and not on AT&T's main website. :-/
I placed my Premier order on the website (versus over the phone) and see the same thing. I truly don't believe it's an issue.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I placed my premiere order online (total PITA!!) but my confirmation email doesnt mention a backorder except at the bottom talking about how backorder shipments are handled. Here is part of my email...

"Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

If you pre-ordered a Motorola ATRIX 4G™, it is expected to be delivered on or before March 6, 2011. Otherwise, we estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved or shipped.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time."

Then it gave me instructions on how to activate it and a link to online tutorials on using the phone.

Then this at the bottom...

"If you bought backordered items, we will ship in-stock items first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team "

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I placed my premiere order online (total PITA!!) but my confirmation email doesnt mention a backorder except at the bottom talking about how backorder shipments are handled. Here is part of my email...

"Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

If you pre-ordered a Motorola ATRIX 4G?, it is expected to be delivered on or before March 6, 2011. Otherwise, we estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved or shipped.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time."

Then it gave me instructions on how to activate it and a link to online tutorials on using the phone.

Then this at the bottom...

"If you bought backordered items, we will ship in-stock items first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team "

I got the same email on Sunday like i said my cc has already been charged so i am hoping it ships out any day now

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email on Sunday like i said my cc has already been charged so i am hoping it ships out any day now

I would be very shocked if it shipped this week, or even next week. I suspect that the earliest we will see our devices is the week of the 28th. That said - I won't complain if they ship earlier than that. I can hardly wait.

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I have - I never got a backorder email:

Date Ordered: 02/13/11
MOTOROLA MOBILITY INC. MB860 BLK PHONE | In Progress
FREIGHT | In Progress

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

FREIGHT | In Progress
I think only the premier customers got the backorder email. I ordered at the store, and my order status says the exact same thing as yours.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

FREIGHT | In Progress
This might be due to order status differences (in name only) between Premier and the regular site, as well as what information is presented.

When checking the order status on Premier, I only see three possible statuses for my order:

Received | Processing | Shipped

Currently, I'm in the Processing status. Underneath that, however, is an additional note:

"Item(s) are currently on back-order and will ship when inventory is available."

I cannot speak to what the order status page would look like on a non-Premier order, however. Seems we're all in the same spot, it's just a matter of how and what information is presented.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think only the premier customers got the backorder email. I ordered at the store, and my order status says the exact same thing as yours.

This might be due to order status differences (in name only) between Premier and the regular site, as well as what information is presented.

When checking the order status on Premier, I only see three possible statuses for my order:

Received | Processing | Shipped

Currently, I'm in the Processing status. Underneath that, however, is an additional note:

"Item(s) are currently on back-order and will ship when inventory is available."

I cannot speak to what the order status page would look like on a non-Premier order, however. Seems we're all in the same spot, it's just a matter of how and what information is presented.

Im on the premier site too (att employee) but mine doesnt mention backorder on the status page. Im an employee though so maybe that makes a difference??!! Usually we are the last ones to get our stuff :(

New Service
MOTOROLA ATRIX(TM) 4G
Name: XXXXXXXXXXX

Last Updated: Feb 15, 2011
Shipping Carrier: Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.

FEDEX

UPS

USPS

DHL

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Im on the premier site too (att employee) but mine doesnt mention backorder on the status page. Im an employee though so maybe that makes a difference??!! Usually we are the last ones to get our stuff :(

New Service
MOTOROLA ATRIX(TM) 4G
Name: XXXXXXXXXXX

Last Updated: Feb 15, 2011
Shipping Carrier: Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.

FEDEX

UPS

USPS

DHL
Yep, that's exactly how mine looks, with the addition of the back order note right below the status line.

No clue what it means, then. I'd call into Premier, but, I don't feel like sitting on the phone for an hour only to not get a definitive answer.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I'm a premier customer and didn't get the email.

Wondering if it doesn't just have to do with the order method online/phone/in-store?
Could certainly be. Since in-store orders (to my knowledge) aren't shipped to the consumer and are instead set for pickup at the location they pre-ordered at, maybe there's no need for that message?

nismor2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
just checked my account i was charged for the phone but they said they where not going to charge until it was ready to be shipped. just called premier he told me on the phone they where in their warehouse and ready to be shipped out then he said the phone was in the process of going to their warehouse to be shipped out

Don't confuse credit card reservation with a charge. When you place an order, the amount gets subtracted from your limit and put on reserve so that you know how much you still have left for purchase. When its charge then it shows up in the amount you owe. Right now $199.99 is placed aside or on stand by/credit check.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine was online and is being shipped to my home btw.

This is strange that everyone is getting different results. I will say the premiere setup is crazy so that may be it also.