ATT Locks All Bootloaders

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I became customer October 2012 purchasing Galaxy Note 2.
Ive found ATT Coverage , CS , store experience to be the BEST but there is some bad news.
ATT no longer supports Android consumer freedom & will be locking down ALL future device bootloaders they sell.

AT&T says it will not support unlocked bootloaders once and for all | Android and Me

AT&T To Android Users: We Don't Support Unlocked Bootloaders, So Stop Asking Us About Every Phone

With this being the case I will make move to T-mobile for Galaxy Note 3 release.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very bad... Freedom to take your own device places being taken away.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I became customer October 2012 purchasing Galaxy Note 2.
Ive found ATT Coverage , CS , store experience to be the BEST but there is some bad news.
ATT no longer supports Android consumer freedom & will be locking down ALL future device bootloaders they sell.

AT&T says it will not support unlocked bootloaders once and for all | Android and Me

AT&T To Android Users: We Don't Support Unlocked Bootloaders, So Stop Asking Us About Every Phone

With this being the case I will make move to T-mobile for Galaxy Note 3 release.

LOL, no one is making you purchase a device directly from the Carrier.

With Google Edition's & Nexus devices increasing in popularity, and future models, you may never have to buy a phone from the carrier again...

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

With Google Edition's & Nexus devices increasing in popularity, and future models, you may never have to buy a phone from the carrier again...
Terrible post Tropical your way off base.
Go into XDA ATT GN2 ,GS3 & GS4 forums and take survey ,You will find 95% of purchases made were carrier branded leaving 5% running international versions
Galaxy Note 3 wont have a Google edition due to its dependency on touchwiz user interface Spen function.

Last edited:

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

No, but carrier pricing models that include device subsidies, inflated retail prices, and limited compatible unlocked devices make buying a device from the carrier the practical decision.

It's not a truly competitive wireless market in the US. We as consumers are getting a raw deal and have every right to complain about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

ATT.Fan1982

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just buy the T-Mobile variant of whatever device you're interested in purchasing from AT&T, unlock it and slide your AT&T SIM card inside and you're good to go! Same awesome service in a device that's give you the freedom of an unlocked bootloader!

Posted via IncognegroGalaxyNote2 using Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggplu