**ATTENTION: Severe problem with the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 screen**

Yoshii Alicea Li

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: **ATTENTION: Severe problem with the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 scre

there is only a 20 policy on t mobile phones and thats if u get them online or over a phone, if u buy in store u only have 14 days.

Yoshii Alicea Li

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

guys it really deals with the chipset and gpu on the phone if u look at the galxy s 4g ull notice that ull never have this issue except that the phone does have a wierd tint to it coompared to other galaxy phones and htc phones, othe rthan that picture is more high def than galaxy s2, i have both phones and i really like the camera quality and pic quality on my galaxy 4g sadley im going to sell the 4g becuase i just got the s2 and its a blow to my brains of how bad the s2 is compared to other networks the s2 runs on. tmobile is really screwing up and every varient of a htc phone or samsung phone they come out with except for the g1 which was there best non problematic phone android has touched for its time has been a dud. and its trulley sadening, coming so close and raising our hopes but no cigar, and then they charge us rediculous prices, and then come out with a new phone every 6 months that only corrects one issue but then looses all the good things with the lastphone had, how come no fm tuner, no testing of these screens, its so apparent that a child could notice it. we pay to much and sprint and other companyies sell these phones for the same prices if not less with more features, and no issues, as much as we deal with t mobile. but all im trying to say is snap dragon suks, the reason we stay away from htc like my touch and all that htc nonsense is becuase they lag up to much which is do to chipset and snap dragon p. its also to blame for chopy camera and video takeing. on galaxy 4g ull get a smooth vid no mater what and its all becuase of humming bird. even images look sharper, however ive compared pics taken with gs2 and they arnt as sharp as should be, heck the sensation takes a sharper pick, and if u havent noticed, the vibrant way before the 4g vcame out took sharper pics by 10x as much then evo when it came out and better video quality, with only a 5 meg pix camera with 720 p video resolution, i was expecting the galaxy s2 to blow every htc phone out of water but this thing they did hooking up with snap dragon is a true shame, and i say we should be credited back atleast half our money becuase all were getting is a big screen thats it. however other galaxy s2 on other networks work great and i have no complaints they tully beat the rest of the htc line up no problem, no skips with recording in 1080 p plus u can zoom, no screen issues, runs smooth, the only thing i like aboout htc now adays is yes i like there sense ui, it looks so much nicer and of course ony brand on t mobile that has all there phones with fm tuner.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, I gave up after my third one and decided not to exchange. but with the second one I went into the store and the b... behind the counter denied me a exchange so I asked for the manager and told him take it to the bathroom which they have in the back and turn of the lights..he went and compared my phone to his gs2. he over wrote what the b... said and gave me my third gs2, which i'm on right now. pulled it out of the box to have the same issue. they told me I won't be able to do any more exchanges through the store...cool thing is if you so enough exchanges through warranty like I did with my 4g slide sooner or later they will offer you a device at equal value. they sentme like 5 scratched up 4g slides and I called right away and complained the lady offered me a sensation instead lol.

Astrolux44EVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Played with a AT&T GS2 yesterday and the screen was BEAUTIFUL with none of the screen issues the t-mo gs2 has. OH YEAH, doing anything on the at&t gs2 phone was faster than the t-mo gs2. All the t-mo gs2 buyers got screwed here. disappointing but what can you expect after the vibrant gps issue? I am glad that after 3 bad screens with the t-mo gs2's i switched to the Amaze. I am happy for now. Will sell the Amaze if/when the galaxy nexus comes out for t-mo

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Played with a AT&T GS2 yesterday and the screen was BEAUTIFUL with none of the screen issues the t-mo gs2 has. OH YEAH, doing anything on the at&t gs2 phone was faster than the t-mo gs2. All the t-mo gs2 buyers got screwed here. disappointing but what can you expect after the vibrant gps issue? I am glad that after 3 bad screens with the t-mo gs2's i switched to the Amaze. I am happy for now. Will sell the Amaze if/when the galaxy nexus comes out for t-mo

Lol amaze doesn't compare to the gs2 and I switch phones every couple months so it doesn't bother me, hopefully a update fixes the issue. The international gs2 had the same issue until a update came out which fixed the issue..shove that amaze with those weird edges up your loose butt hole lmao

TheCDB

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I too have this problem. (with an additional one) on my first the vertical lines were almost not noticable. but a diagonal bar was seen on the screen. Matter of contrast like if the screen was lighter on either side of the bar. bar size approx 4mm.
Second one. A disaster. many vertical lines.
Third one. Well the lines have now become bars.
Expecting 4th one in 2 days.

Can you give me that link to that other forum. or at least a good google term so i can find it ?

Last question, i'm from the netherlands. I'm not sure if all posters here are from europe ?

Greets Rob.

Astrolux44EVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Lol amaze doesn't compare to the gs2 and I switch phones every couple months so it doesn't bother me, hopefully a update fixes the issue. The international gs2 had the same issue until a update came out which fixed the issue..shove that amaze with those weird edges up your loose butt hole lmao

Your loose vag isn't adding anything to this discussion.

Personal Opinion: "Amaze doesn't compare to the gs2" - Personal situation: "I switch phones every couple of months" - A simple guess" "hopefully a update fixes the issue" - Another personal opinion: "Amaze with weird edges"

Since where is personal attacks allowed on this forum?

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Your loose vag isn't adding anything to this discussion.

Personal Opinion: "Amaze doesn't compare to the gs2" - Personal situation: "I switch phones every couple of months" - A simple guess" "hopefully a update fixes the issue" - Another personal opinion: "Amaze with weird edges"

Since where is personal attacks allowed on this forum?

Lol your a funny guy. .I've played with both phones and the amaze is like a g1 compared to gs2. Sense was always my favorite but touchwiz won me over with the resizable Widgets

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

wow, so this is a widespread problem with this phone? i'm just reading about this now and everything else i've seen re the s2 was pretty good. i'm this close to just getting one (i doubt the GN will come out for tmobile anytime soon) on sale from best buy or maybe wait til next week for a white one. the 2 times i got to play with one at a store i thought "this screen aint all that" after reading all the high praise about super amoled, etc. i'd compare it with the amaze (pics and videos) and always walked away thinking the amaze looked better. well hopefully an update does end up fixing it.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I've been confused by these screen issues forever. I've seen the pics on XDA. I've seen the multitude of people complaining about verticle lines. To be honest, I have NEVER had this issue on my phone.

Now I've been told I'm one of the luck ones and after having 3 G2x phones that all had the classic G2x problems, I'm happy I finally got lucky with a phone.

Moral of the story is, the GS2 is an excellent phone. Try it for yourself before you say no to the best TMO phone available right now.

Unless you like lugging around a 5 lbs brick in your pocket (HTC Amaze).

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I agree. Aside from the lines issue, this phone is the best I've owned. I might upgrade to the GNexus, but I'll need to count my pennies to see if I can afford it even after selling my SGSII on EBay.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

So true lol this phones a beast..besides the lines. I'm waiting on the htc zeta/edge whatever its going to be called. Its supposed to be a 2ghz quad core beast! Can't wait.

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this might help with detecting anything easier, but I saw the LCD on the S2 has a test mode....*#0*# Lets you test blocks of color and other LCD features.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this might help with detecting anything easier, but I saw the LCD on the S2 has a test mode....*#0*# Lets you test blocks of color and other LCD features.

Yes I've done the test everYthing was perfect idk why the screen has lines. I hope maybe a update will fix it lol..

Wagstar

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am going to copy/paste what I wrote to Gizmodo just a few minutes ago. There is something seriously wrong with the Samsung Galaxy S2 screen. It is displaying faint noise/lines/fuzz beneath the picture/video/screen whatever you're looking at. Go look at yours now and report back. Move the picture around with your hand and notice if there's any blotches...

"I need your help in the way of attention to this matter! Over the weekend I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 from T-Mobile. I played with it, it's great then a little while later I notice while looking at the phone when viewing pictures, browser, SMS screen--anything, that there is an underlying faint fuzz/verticle lines consistently on the entire screen. So I went to my T-Mobile store and exchanged it for a new one.

In the store, the replacement Galaxy S2 seemed fine. But later on when I got home I was looking at some pictures and I noticed the faint lines/fuzz again! My friend with an iPhone 4 was next to me and we viewed the same photo, same websites, everything and his phone was absolutely perfect. I did notice the situation VASTLY improved (near perfect) when you turn off auto-brightness and manually increase screen brightness.

At max bright levels, the picture is perfect. Turn the brightness down and the fuzz/noise/verticle lines reappear. There is definitely something going on here and I am not sure if it's just a problem with the T-Mobile exclusive 4.5" screen or if others are having this same problem. I took photos and video and have attached them to this e-mail. Please help shed some light on this. I am on contract with T-Mobile and an iPhone is not an option for me. (I could unlock it but I won't have 3G) Perhaps you can help me have some engineers from Samsung look into this.

The problem appears to be exagerrated when displaying certain colors--grays and blues. But if you look closely, you can see it under any color. Do you guys have a Galaxy S2 you could try?

Note: It's difficult to notice in the YouTube videos probably because the videos are compressed. They're a LOT softer than what came out of my Canon S95. Try staring at the blue sky in the video. you'll notice the iPhone 4 is PERFECTLY clean while the Galaxy has obvious fuzz/noise which DOES NOT move WITH the photo as you move the photo around with your finger. "

Notice the banding/lines in the sky portion.. see how noisy it is? (and the photo is perfectly clean--I should know, I took it) but it does it on every screen, sms screen, browser, anything.)

Click to view quoted image

Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile Screen problems - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy S2 screen problems with noise/vertical lines - YouTube

Wagstar

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having these issues, and you need to redo your videos in a better environment where there isn't a light bulb overhead and perhaps with a better camera. I'm was looking at your videos on my 22" 1080p monitor and couldn't tell what you're on about...

I can see some issues with the screen on the photo you've taken and posted above, but I can't replicate the problem. Maybe post the site that you visited so others can try/verify.

Wagstar

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am going to copy/paste what I wrote to Gizmodo just a few minutes ago. There is something seriously wrong with the Samsung Galaxy S2 screen. It is displaying faint noise/lines/fuzz beneath the picture/video/screen whatever you're looking at. Go look at yours now and report back. Move the picture around with your hand and notice if there's any blotches...

"I need your help in the way of attention to this matter! Over the weekend I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 from T-Mobile. I played with it, it's great then a little while later I notice while looking at the phone when viewing pictures, browser, SMS screen--anything, that there is an underlying faint fuzz/verticle lines consistently on the entire screen. So I went to my T-Mobile store and exchanged it for a new one.

In the store, the replacement Galaxy S2 seemed fine. But later on when I got home I was looking at some pictures and I noticed the faint lines/fuzz again! My friend with an iPhone 4 was next to me and we viewed the same photo, same websites, everything and his phone was absolutely perfect. I did notice the situation VASTLY improved (near perfect) when you turn off auto-brightness and manually increase screen brightness.

At max bright levels, the picture is perfect. Turn the brightness down and the fuzz/noise/verticle lines reappear. There is definitely something going on here and I am not sure if it's just a problem with the T-Mobile exclusive 4.5" screen or if others are having this same problem. I took photos and video and have attached them to this e-mail. Please help shed some light on this. I am on contract with T-Mobile and an iPhone is not an option for me. (I could unlock it but I won't have 3G) Perhaps you can help me have some engineers from Samsung look into this.

The problem appears to be exagerrated when displaying certain colors--grays and blues. But if you look closely, you can see it under any color. Do you guys have a Galaxy S2 you could try?

Note: It's difficult to notice in the YouTube videos probably because the videos are compressed. They're a LOT softer than what came out of my Canon S95. Try staring at the blue sky in the video. you'll notice the iPhone 4 is PERFECTLY clean while the Galaxy has obvious fuzz/noise which DOES NOT move WITH the photo as you move the photo around with your finger. "

Notice the banding/lines in the sky portion.. see how noisy it is? (and the photo is perfectly clean--I should know, I took it) but it does it on every screen, sms screen, browser, anything.)

Click to view quoted image

Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile Screen problems - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy S2 screen problems with noise/vertical lines - YouTube

Wagstar

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having these probs, it's definitely a screen prob & not a camera prob as it's constantly on the screen & getting worse. I've had my galaxy s2 since July last year & this situationseems to be a more recent development. It sounds as tho if it were replaced I'd have the same problems???

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212